Player information storage format

GhostXoP

I need some opinions,

I had an idea to store user information, in a per file format.

Say a user called Foo with the password of bar creates an account,

Store it as FILENAME Foo and within the file store the password bar.

What is your opinion on this?

Look, if you want to make a successful server you need to optimize it as much as possible.

I experienced a server that failed because of using XML to save accounts, even though I'm not sure that files will cause same problem as XML.

I recommend being on the safe side and using SQLite or MySQL. They're both easy to learn.

EDIT: This might help: viewtopic.php?f=148&t=38203.

EDIT: This might help: viewtopic.php?f=148&t=38203.

Probably the best response all day about SQL is that link as i have been looking for tutorials. You have me convinced, thank you for your response.

What would i need to download to use SQL? What would you recommend

One more question,

2urox8j.png

I see two types of functions, Do they work together, or can i use either/or (db and execute)

You don't need to download anything if you're going to use SQLite (the link I gave you), MySQL otherwise would need you to setup a database.

executeSQL* functions are the old SQLite functions, they freeze the server until they get the result back.

db* functions are the new ones, dbQuery have a callback argument, so you can use that callback to handle the result as it returns.

Simply use db* functions. In the same link I gave you, I also posted a db* functions tutorial, check it, it's the second post.