parachute resource edit

One of the default resources in MTA is 'parachute'. It controls things like the angle you lean while freefalling, speed you fall, time it takes to open chute and all other parameters to do with skydiveing and parachuting. However when i edit it on notepad++ and save it then begin my server it puts itself back to what it was origionaly. How can i stop this?

Make sure you edit the right files. Files in resource-cache are not to be edited. They're extracted files from .zip resources and loaded by server but every time you make a change to these files they are overwritten by the files from .zip resources. When you want to edit resources, edit them from "/resources/" directory. You may also be editing the client files downloaded from the server which is also wrong because once edited, they are downloaded from the server again to make sure they are the same. The files are loaded when resource starts so even if you change the client-side files that you downloaded they are not going to be used.

Guest Guest4401

You editted this: ?

C:\Program Files\MTA San Andreas 1.3\mods\deathmatch\resources\parachute

You should be editting this:

C:\Program Files\MTA San Andreas 1.3\server\mods\deathmatch\resources\[gameplay]\parachute.zip

• 1 year later...