Tip: Increasing MTA performance

b0b0

I have found that GTA runs quicker when Norton AntiVirus "Auto Protect" is turned off. When I had it on, it took a long time for the menu to come up after the splash screen and my game went sort of slowly. Just thought you might want to add this to FAQs or whatever...

I have found that GTA runs quicker when Norton AntiVirus "Auto Protect" is turned off. When I had it on, it took a long time for the menu to come up after the splash screen and my game went sort of slowly. Just thought you might want to add this to FAQs or whatever...

Why in the hell are you using such a poor piece of software to begin with?

Threads like this are sad... not everyone runs Norton AV trash, not everyone is computer illiterate and just lives with how their system is, just because it seems to work....

By the way, get a real AV solution, Windowslover. Then you wont have issues like this anymore.

An' no, McAfee ain't the answer.

True, who the hell are you to judge someone for using a program. Why is it that every time someone says they use a certain type of program that is "not 1337", all you people get bent out of shape and call it trash, and berate them and tell them to get a "real" program. At least he has virus protection. Not everyone here has money enough to buy all these expensive programs (and I'm not just talking about virus protection) and run super computers that would make NASA blush. Also some people may not want to use "warez" or download cracks. Have some fuc king respect for other people for a change asshole.

BTW yes I know that I use AOL, you people don't have to remind me all the god damn time. I know it's not that great but hey it's what I'm using. You don't have to use it so STFU. You say threads like these are sad? YOU are sad for thinking that you are better than them because you run some $200 software that wipes your ass.

Consider yourself flamed. :violent3:

I never said the word "1337" anywhere within my post. Nor am I judging anyone. It can be almost proven fact that those who use sofware, such as NAV, are ignorant to not only its use but to alternatives. For example, among the corporate AV utilities out there, NAV is the one that uses the most resources whilst providing the least detection via comparatively low detection rates. Now you see what "judge" is, when you figure most people who run NAV are - and some will even admit - thinking they are thoroughly protected.

Not all antivirus solutions are free. One that I use has a free version, not some "$200 software that wipes my ass," which, up until recently, was the same exact thing as the paid version. Check out http://www.grisoft.com for an example. AVG isn't the only one out there, there are plenty more and all they cost is the time to download. Not everything comes with a monetary price in this world, y'know? Or no?

I do have respect for people, but I dont just give people respect for no reason. I respect that people are human and sometimes don't know, and true I might be a bit verbose and blunt with my statements, but hey - thats just the way I am. Get used to it, and stop crying.

And I think I am better than anyone? Where did you get off saying that? I never once stated or even hinted as such a thing, there is no need to insinuate. I dont think I am any better than this person. :P For instance - I just think that the original poster is another uneducated consumer who buys what everyone else buys, uses what everyone else uses, etc. - but that was a guess on my part, I may be wrong. Unless you have your twisted logic filter on, it doesn't hint in any way that I am any better - just that the person themselves is uneducated. Not once did I mention myself as a comparison to the poster.

I never said one word about you using AOL.

Consider yourself owned. :D

Evil: That's because it's all you could understand out of his thread.

True: I'm sure that your superior intellegence on such things has served you very well, but did he ask you to tell him about his "poor piece of software". I don't remember him asking anything actually. You say you didn't judge him?

You said:

"Threads like this are sad... not everyone runs Norton AV trash, not everyone is computer illiterate and just lives with how their system is, just because it seems to work....

Sounds like judgment to me.

By the way, get a real AV solution, Windowslover. Then you wont have issues like this anymore."

A "real" AV solution? Is his fake? Maybe he doesn't want another one. Maybe he is used to this one. If you are suggesting him find another one, then maybe youshouldn't be such an ass about it.

Now first off I didn't specifically post this for your reading pleasure, I believe it was directed to everyone here that do the same thing as you, tell them they are using "trash" and they "don't know any better". Now you saying that people are ignorant to the use of NAV or any other type of software, yes it is true. They don't, however need you to tell them this. NAV works good enough for most people. Even I use it. Am I an uneducated consumer? Maybe some guy at a PC tech shop told him it was good enough. Still it isn't your call what is best and what is not.

Next time you want to help some one, try being a bit constructive about it other than making them feel like a retard cause some guy said it was "trash". Consider yourself owned? :roll: I think not. :thefinger: