A small program I wrote, that may be useful for you

Gadfly

I found out the best way to get out of a CRASHED vice city is to quickly tap ENTER a lot. Any other methods can cause a total freeze of control meaning you have to restart your computer.

BTW, is this worth having?

What hitting the enter key does is just press the button in the unhandled exception and error dialogs. That is what this program automates. If I am not mistaken I think he was talking about even when he hits enter it still takes a while to unload the game.

I am willing to help you, hell, even help code little features in the thing should you wish for help (or, more appropriately, should users wish for help :P)... look at my rig, its definately good for gaming, but that shouldn't be the primary aim - not everyone has a machine like mine (but then again, some people have better than what I have).

This looks like VB work, if I am not mistaken? I smell a RAT... :/

Well yes it is written in VB, but its mostly using windows API. Basically all it is doing is getting window handles to the error windows and auto clicking the right buttons. Then after it makes sure that gta-vc has closed it presses the Start Game button for you. All of that has to be done through the windows API as VB alone can't do much.

I am going to be messing with this a bit this weekend, maybe if you want to help test the second version with some bug fixes and adding the ability to able to choose your keybinds that would be cool.

Gadfly