How can I host a Vice City game in The All-Seeing Eye?

Guest Dropedarious

I live in Argentina and have problems playing Vice City in Multiplayer mode because of the high ping. I want to host myself a game instead of join anothers, but don't realize how to do it. The help in the The All-Seeing Eye isn't clear and don't understand how to do it ¿Can someone help me with this? :roll:

Sorry, I'm not an expert in this stuff. I've downloaded the two programs. When I run the server, then open the Vice City and got my player in the airport, that's ok. But when I refresh the server there's nobody in here, and when I try to host a game, a DOS windows appears telling that all it's OK but I don't know what to do next. Can you give me a hand on this???

yeah , go ahead , diable your firewall , give hackers an chance to beat you PC up with their sh*t .

Turn off firewall protection at ports 2003 and 2126 ONLY.

Then go to the all seeing eye , click New Host in the toolbar , put in your IP after the IP and deselect : "private server"

Are you behind an router?? forward 2003 and 2126 to your PC.

Remeber , allways put in your Message Of The Dy (motd.txt). CHEATERS WILL BE PERMANENTLY BANNED . Else people will not feel safe (at least , i wont).

Xanni Wellando

Then go to the all seeing eye , click New Host in the toolbar , put in your IP after the IP and deselect : "private server"

I'm also having a heck of a time getting Vice City to show up in the all seeing eye. I am behind a router, but have forwarded ports 2003 and 2126. If people try to connect directly to my IP address by typing it in manually, they can connect and play without problems. Just for some reason it's not showing up in the eye.

When I click on HOST, I'm simply prompted with which game to host (ghost recon or mta; the only two games i'm running). As soon as I choose MTA, it immediately loads the MTA server, and doesn't give me any options such as "private server" like you mentioned above. Does this mean that my all seeing eye is misconfigured somehow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated; i've never had problems hosting games before, but this is causing me grief :(

Turn off firewall protection at ports 2003 and 2126 ONLY.

Are you behind an router?? forward 2003 and 2126 to your PC.

Xanni Wellando

Yeah... i am behind an router but how can i forward the ports 2003 and 2126 to my PC? And do i hae to do that again to my router then??

Use port Forwarding if you Have a Linksys (Advanced Tab) Router. Port 2003 is needed for gameplay, and that port + 123 is for Ase Listings. Use a Static IP on the Server, and you should be in good shape to forward those ports to the Ded Server PC.

Info same for other hardware, just diff wording :P

Use port Forwarding if you Have a Linksys (Advanced Tab) Router. Port 2003 is needed for gameplay, and that port + 123 is for Ase Listings. Use a Static IP on the Server, and you should be in good shape to forward those ports to the Ded Server PC.

Info same for other hardware, just diff wording :P

http://www.sweex.com/product.asp?pid=144

That's the Router i have.

But i still don't know how to forward those ports. I think i must do it in in the configuration of the router but where..... Can someone may explain me correctly?

Or Can someone explain me in Dutch?

I live in Argentina and have problems playing Vice City in Multiplayer mode because of the high ping. I want to host myself a game instead of join anothers, but don't realize how to do it. The help in the The All-Seeing Eye isn't clear and don't understand how to do it ¿Can someone help me with this? :roll:

Maybe something you wanna know:

Hosting a game yourself needs much more bandwith than join others :wink: