Tournament Engagement Rules

Ransom

Do you like the engagement rules? (Look below)  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the engagement rules? (Look below)

• Yes
    • No

When playing VCA noone would attack. We kept throwing taunts at each other and eventually VCA leaped first. Later deathb gave his idea of having:

1 Attack Round

1 Defense Round

1 Both Attacking Round

This seems to be the most agreeable idea. All the gang leaders should agree to these rules. We played SM on Saturday and they didn't even have knowledge of these rules.

Would everyone agree these are the best engagement rules?

When playing VCA noone would attack. We kept throwing taunts at each other and eventually VCA leaped first. Later deathb gave his idea of having:

1 Attack Round

1 Defense Round

1 Both Attacking Round

This seems to be the most agreeable idea. All the gang leaders should agree to these rules. We played SM on Saturday and they didn't even have knowledge of these rules.

Would everyone agree these are the best engagement rules?

ransom, we are talking about that currently. just be patient, i know that u werent there yesterday, but we are going to get together sometime soon and come up with the new rules of engagement.

To incorporate the HQ's would be the best bet. Example:

1. SSR attack VCA at VCA base.
2. VCA attack SSR at VCA base.

3. VCA attack SSR at SSR base.
4. SSR attack VCA at SSR base.

5. VCA attack SSR at SSR base AND SSR attack VCA at VCA base.

That 5-round setup would be best imho, as both team bases get used and you still retain a "decider" round if required. 8)

Edited by Guest
i think 5 rounds is too long. 3 rounds should do

It's single spawn and one team has to stay put, so each round wouldn't take long really...only the fifth round might but you only need to play that if it's a draw from the previous four.

the rounds arent what takes so long, its getting the peeps to there starting positions :wink:

yeh, that's what i mean.

and if defenders can select their turf, why would you need another round to defend at another turf?

well, cuz it would be fun to see them try and hold our turf :P

We kept throwing taunts at each other

Actually we refrained from taunting, so much so you all thought we where speaking in irc or elsewhere.

Later deathb gave his idea of having

Hrm actually that was my suggestion after the debalcle that was our match.

Anyway, this thread isnt really needed, presumably iggy didnt inform you of the 5 leader discussions/agreements that have been taking place, initially parker/myself/iggy/xenex/mikiro, now Loendal is taking my place in them.

I'm sure this will result in some more agreeable arrangements for all who take part.

hrm actually i seem to remember u saying that that is a good idea AFTER i sugested it :P but ah ah heck it doesnt really matter... sure u sugested it

anyways, the idea that ive been having is this

u can select ANY location you want to defend, then you are given x minutes to get urself together there, weapon gathering etc...

then after that time limit has expired, your base is game for the attackers, if your not ready TO BAD. you will have to defend it with the people that got there in time, the only problem with this is the crashing, but in the (hopefully)near future there wont be any worry about crashing so this will work right :P

there needs to be something done about the defenders just meeting at there base and then a go call is given, because the attackers seem to take that as a cue to go and gather all there weapons, get choppers, etc THEN ATTACK. we waited over 5 minutes during the sm match because the rule wasnt clearly defined, so they spent that time gathering spas's etc. which ended up being a big arguement over whether or not they should be able to use them considering how the gathered them.

im not saying that weapon gathering shouldnt be allowed, but lets make some rules about it. as in exactly how long they have to gather weapons.

i also think that we need a neutral ref in some of these matches(if thats possible) to settle any disputes over whether x was called right or etc.

as far as 5 rounds goes, 3 is fine, 5 is better. but 3 will do for the time being.

finnaly i want to suggest this, lets outlaw the spas from competitions, i mean comon guys, its a weapon that is a.) VERY hard to miss with, and b.) will kill you in one shot. and u never have a chance to defend yourself against it. sure some people call the m60 cheap, and some others call the stubby cheap, but there are ways of getting around those, unlike the spas which is just point and shoot and doesnt require a lot of skill at all.

to sum it up heres a sample match

X clan selects the ice cream factory as there point that they defend. they are given - minutes to run around the map and get whatever weapons they feel they want(the attackers are gathering at this time to) after the time is up, the neutral ref hollers go, and the attackers go strait for the defenders throat, they are not allowed to deviate from the attack at all( as in no more weapon gathering, uve had your time for that) then the people that are at the ice cream factory defend it, and the attackers start attacking immediantly. if one of the attackers or defenders isnt with the group TO BAD. should the attackers manage to claim the ice cream factory(everyone near there is dead) and there is still someone from the defending clan that never showed up at the ice cream factory on a different part of the map, round over, the attackers win. should one defender be at the ice cream factory, and he sees all his team mates die, hes outnumbered 3-1 etc, then he is free to go outside the general ice cream factory, and use the terrain, vehicles, etc. but if he doesnt make any attempt to attack within x minutes, and all that he is clearly doing is running, round over the attackers win.

i think that that would streamline gameplay A LOT. i dont know about u guys, but that is a pretty good system based on what the rules are now. sure someone might crash, but that is unavoidable, we cant just keep yelling time out, and waiting for that person to get to the gathering point, ets, because by the time that has happened, someone else has crashed. am i saying if you crash then your s.o.l.? no not at all, im saying that you must proceed as fast as you can to your gathering place. if we take the spas out like i suggest, then there wont really be any unfairness relating to you not having picked up all of your weapons etc.

well what do you guys think? that sound ok?

Just use the one I suggested. Its simple and would be a very fair test as everyone has to defend and attack both locations.

1. SSR attack VCA at VCA base. 
2. VCA attack SSR at VCA base. 

3. VCA attack SSR at SSR base. 
4. SSR attack VCA at SSR base. 

5. VCA attack SSR at SSR base AND SSR attack VCA at VCA base

I've made sure only players who can understand the merits of organised assualt rounds are allowed into SSR. It meant turning away quite a few people, which was unfortunate, but it does mean that we have a more respectable set of members.

As for weapons gathering, who bothers with that? If you run out of ammo then I can understand but if you've got guns then use them. That's been my style since back in '99 playing GTA2. 8)

(EDIT) More respectable in the sense of it wouldn't be good for the SSR if we had dumb newbies that couldn't follow instructions - wasn't making a dig at any other gangs. :wink:

As for weapons gathering, who bothers with that? If you run out of ammo then I can understand but if you've got guns then use them. That's been my style since back in '99 playing GTA2. 8)

well if i had my way, weapon gathering would be out ALTOGETHER, but i made that post up top with a hopes that that will be agreeable with everyone. and hopefully it will :P

should one defender be at the ice cream factory, and he sees all his team mates die, hes outnumbered 3-1 etc, then he is free to go outside the general ice cream factory, and use the terrain, vehicles, etc. but if he doesnt make any attempt to attack within x minutes, and all that he is clearly doing is running, round over the attackers win.

Ok that is one of the parts i dont agree with, maybe hes running around looking for a better place to attack the attackers, or maybe hes trying to take them one by one or something you get my idea, i remember the first match in teh mini league we had aginst VCA, the last round me and a VCA member(sorry cant remember who now) kept running after eachother, well me after him really, anyways for quite a while, and it went ok,sure it lastef long but gives it more supence.BTW in the end i did, went to run him over with the car and missed and feel in the water.

what i meant by that, is that the person thats trying to run has the ability to run(thats why i said if its not obvious in x minutes) he just cant KEEP RUNNING. as in he has to make some serious attempt to do something besides make them chase him. it wouldnt be fun for the people who are dead to sit through a nice big long chase scene, now would it :wink: i realize that he might want to find cover, needs health, wants a weapon, yada yada yada, but again, im just trying to prevent the always fun in a kind of sick, boring, lame-ass, not fun kind of way chase scene that drags out forever from happening.