Message to all servers with 'roleplay' in its name

AeroXbird

The problem with MTA is not the mod, it's the community in general. We all know that, it's obvious. I see plenty of posts, people blasting other new communities that their a copy of vG, that they are not original. Everyone is asking for a new roleplay server, a new original one. Well, I've launched an entirely new Roleplay server with a new script, under a strong 850 member community. We have a stable server, but why won't the players come? I mean, it's what everyone seems to want. A new script, a new original server who's not a copy of vG. I can guarantee that we have nothing in common with vG, and many others will say the same.

I just want your opinions, how come the server I have launched two weeks ago ( Blueshift ), does not get many players like a server like MTA Roleplay, who's website is completely copied from vG's ( Literally the HTML and CSS codes are the same ) ?

Thank you for your responses.

One simple answer, stats.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a very unique character funding request system. All it is, is a request to receive stats to fit your character's story. There are obviously limitations and certain restrictions, but this allows anyone to avoid doing the city hall jobs for hours and hours and just start RPing and having fun.

1: Annoying, lazy, impolite admins/staff annoys players and will make them leave. It's the job of the server owner to decide who his staff will be. If he takes the bad ones, he ruins his own server.

2: If you choose to copy/edit existing scripts from other server, be honest about it and give credits to the owners (which is the thing you could AT LEAST do. The best is not to copy them). And if you copy them, make sure you offer something different.

3: Who reads these forums? Only "more experienced/older" players of MTA. I have never seen a normal MTA player come here and say "Hey, lets look for a new server", no. This never happens. So posting in here is actually saying "Hey other server owners/players-who-play-a-server-for-ever, come to my server". This doesn't work either.

I've never seen any forum linking to this forum. How are new people supposed to know about this? Now you can say "Well next to download it says 'Forum'". Well again, no. People don't even think about reading all this trash.

So technically, any server offering any gamemode, new kind of service, whatever they do, are doomed to die unless they know players. The only way to get players, is to know many people. It's not via this forum that you'll get players. The only thing they do here is saying "Good" "Nice" or "vG copy!!!!!"

After reading this, do not think I support the guys who fake vG and then get a lot of players. I never will support these persons. The only thing I have said here is that the reason servers fail isn't because of being a vG copy. Actually ANY server fails if the owner/staff doesn't have enough friends who would play. It doesn't matter if it's RP, RPG, DM, DD, freeroam, ...

And that is why players of 14, 15 years old mostly start up server who will fail.

Isn't MTA a free software? Well if it's free i can host whatever i want as longs as i don't break any rules, thanks enough said to this kid raging cause they are not getting enough players in their RP servers.

lol...

MTA:Blue is open source, "free to download" "free2play" - There are no rules except messing up the server browser by modifying server code and using incorrect tags. All servers with Roleplay in its name suck. Simple.

• 2 months later...

Most of the players actually stealing the Valhalla scripts (It feels weird calling it Valhalla scripts since the server's now called Root Gaming) usually have no idea what they're doing and they do not realize that they can and WILL be punished for this in the future. Root Gaming has and will be the best Role-play server and will continue to evolve. We just recently got some new features that might get most people's attention considering vehicles mostly.

Most of the players actually stealing the Valhalla scripts (It feels weird calling it Valhalla scripts since the server's now called Root Gaming) usually have no idea what they're doing and they do not realize that they can and WILL be punished for this in the future. Root Gaming has and will be the best Role-play server and will continue to evolve. We just recently got some new features that might get most people's attention considering vehicles mostly.

How pathetic can frostwav get.

How pathetic can frostwav get.

I don't understand what makes you saw that, but you have your own opinion, that's fine.