Message to all servers with 'roleplay' in its name

AeroXbird

You people have really brought this far enough in my opinion.

Because right now the entire "Servers to play on" section is completely littered with roleplay servers, now i'm not implying it is bad our community has grown this much.

It is merely the fact that these days every single roleplay server is almost the same.

Every server.. Valhalla modes with slight changes.

And the only reasons these servers exist is because its owner were either banned from valhalla or they simply want power.

This is what hurts my feelings terribly, i've been watching this from the start to now and i am seriously concerned that the end of proper roleplay communities is near.

This part of mta has the most dirt in it, theft, false accusations and DDos attacks, JUST for an extra damn player.

I might be the a*hole complaining right now, but i've been there and done that.

And i've watched roleplay servers become large and close down over a bloody pissing contest!

People that run an RP server should seriously think about this, about how they have completely destroyed a once great part of MTA over nothing but power and greedyness.

For the sake of this community and mta, quit your childish behaviour and play for the fun of playing.

Not for showing of your e-penis because you happen to have one more player on.

It is time for people to grow the f@ck up and take responsibility the way it is supposed to be taken.

Running a community is not something to do at a relatively young age, with great power comes great responsibility.

And that is something that has become worthless.

I hope my concerns are seriously noted and understood, as i fear that bad thing might happen.

Please dont make this a pissing contest over a server, i will have those comments removed.

AeroXbird

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone in this thread has actually owned or owns a server.

Also, shodown is based on Valhalla scripts.

I'll jump right ahead to the point where I'm going to call you all hypocrites.

Asylum,

Cryptic,

Paradox/Virtua,

Andromeda,

Force and list goes on.

Assuming everyone, including the topic starter is/wants this:

And the only reasons these servers exist is because its owner were either banned from valhalla or they simply want power.

Can't agree more about those servers whom actually wants power, and only power.

And tbh, noone of those who actually created a server could give a crap about Valhalla. They have never been there. They never passed and countless applications were denied.

Examples:

AdmWrn: Message: but can i get this sscript to my :~ server

AdmWrn: Message: i need it to my own server

https://forum.multitheftauto.com/viewtop ... 59665f1648

https://forum.multitheftauto.com/viewtop ... 59665f1648 ( No clue if your server is roleplay, as it actually mostly contains RPG-ish content. )

I could post 500 more.

Blazy, you were sharing all roleplay scripts in your signature a while back ago too.

Samer, you ddos, yes?

Chamberlein, you troll on all open roleplay servers, yes?

Aerox, you flame, advertise and acts up like big man, yes?

and if you've forgotten: https://forum.multitheftauto.com/viewtop ... 59665f1648

please, take in account that I am on-topic. I'm discussing what you said people are doing when everyone else in this topic has done it. I'm simply pointing out why you guys are hypocrites

Without the intent of offense, may I ask what inspired you to start your roleplay server (judging from your signature)? And, did you write your gamemode from scratch?

In my opinion, too many players are in it for the power, and love the idea of being in charge of other players, and/or taking credit for the upkeep and content of a server.

of course, it all started with ShoDown and a server called RoleDown (Now known as Urban).

Me and a few other Admins from ShoDown were tired of the non-roleplay on the server. So we left, everyone started to get inactive, as in Jack White / Matt Daemon / Ben Wright (Me) / Tommy Purple / Octy Seinfield

All of us were admins there, Jack had a friend, Adeesh. He begun with stolen Vedic scripts, I'll cut it short, they were not legit and elo didn't like it. Jack soon left Adeesh as I purchased legit scripts and teamed up with me. Jack & I were and are good friends ( He's the co-owner of our server ), we started to fix bugs and add additional things, ShoDown was down for a short time so we decided to open. We grew big within minutes as we hit 19 in 1 hour of opening. We continued etc etc and merged with Arsenic as things took over in both of our personal lives.

The server shut down and we re-opened, 1~ week ago, both more experienced mappers & scripters than before and we decided to use ShoDown scripts. I scripted a RPG mode during TwinGold's downtime. It's in-complete but mainly for the experience and practise.

you can read our goals and about the server here: https://forum.multitheftauto.com/viewtop ... 8c0f17d0cc

We were all high level admins on ShoDown, if we seeked power, we would of stayed as it was more populated than ours.

I guess that's all for now.

EDIT: I couldn't go in-depth and many spelling & grammar errors was in there as I was busy playing League of Legends when I replied. I fixed the obvious ones, couldn't be bothered to re-read it >_<.

Oh and I'll give you an explaination why we arent like other power-hungry noobs I've bumped into.

We actually don't care about Admin powers. The most used admin command by us ( Owners ), is /restartres [resourcename], Jack handles most mapping and I can assure you that he puts effort into it, and handles a part of the scripting and urgent bugs that has to be fixed.

I mostly handle updates and more advanced issues, major bugs, patching. Our job is equally important. Thing is, we're rarely using our powers In-Game. I have contact with all my Admins on skype when I'm not online. If they cannot handle a situation, we're there for them.

Summary: We're more on our development / test server more than the actual one to give the players constant updates. But that said, we're still not inactive. A garantueed drop in once a day from both owners and every other Admin. And the Admins we've chosen have we known for months. No one's hungry for power and are very trusth-worthy.

I was fooled once though, before we merged with Arsenic, this guy Callum Jones.. He talked big, but he was infact as in-experienced as a 10 year old. So an unusual thing happened, we decided to give him Administrative powers. Not a very good decision. Things carried on, he banned people for small offenses and denied ban appeals because they didn't show respect and similar things like that and lieing about having my approval on banning a certain member for a disturbed reason.

What I'm saying is, I dislike those guys, the power-hungry & dishonest ones. I rather not get involved with them. He is gone by the way, Callum Jones. He wont get near me and/or our server.

nah, not gone like that. He's just being a dumbo releasing illegal scripts. He's just out of my way, for now. I've heard so much bullshit from that guy.

like this:

[06/05/2012 17:04:13] Callum Jones [Force Roleplay]: Incorrect,

[06/05/2012 17:04:50] Callum Jones [Force Roleplay]: MatthewSerta is the owner of the vedic gaming scripts Sebastian that you own. Your scripts have a key that can be revoked if he wished.

[06/05/2012 17:07:52] Callum Jones [Force Roleplay]: As you may understand, He has the server and he owns it, You have therfore broken the terms of service using Vedic Gaming Scripts. And other resources against Matthew Serta who very kindly came and sold you the scripts, so you could complete your server. I am not willing to fight back against you as I feel this is a pointless attack on me as I have never commited against you in my understanding. Your actions shall be taken futher with Matthew Serta who may wish to take this with the law. Your server shall remain on the server list however, If you continue Matthew Serta shall recive an notice from me and my staff to the abuse team, at his hosting.

[06/05/2012 17:08:47] Callum Jones [Force Roleplay]: Anything you want to say can be said, I commit to the promice I shall be fair about the reason of your "Hack Attempt"

He blamed 5 other people for "hacking" his server too and were going to take legal actions by reporting it to MTA SWAT team?

Let's just get this sorted. I'm sorry this happens but it seems to happen daily. I have been hacked again, The name pl0x may come to mind when you think about the hacking, The evidence that has been given suggests that he has hacked, Sadly for him he was stupid enough to register on the forums and leave his IP. The evidence you supplied shall help us in court where he will be extradited to the US.

And he was back doored for being rude towards people and encouraging his players to advertise on a couple of roleplay servers. That said, that is one example of the power hungry people aerox is talking about.

Another, excuse me language, idiot. Oh yes, I have them all on my skype, sadly enough, they cant leave me alone.

but 10 admins lol

[10/05/2012 14:53:26] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: more than 70%

[10/05/2012 14:53:31] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: so crap on that server

[10/05/2012 14:53:33] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: its shit

[10/05/2012 14:54:07] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: you know how to take servers down ?

[10/05/2012 14:54:10] Sebastian: that's how you get players newbie

[10/05/2012 14:54:11] Sebastian: yes

[10/05/2012 14:54:14] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: mhm

[10/05/2012 14:54:22] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: take everlite down , please

[10/05/2012 14:54:25] Sebastian: get players by offering shit

[10/05/2012 14:54:32] Sebastian: why? you were owner

[10/05/2012 14:54:41] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: no.

[10/05/2012 14:54:58] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: he says no

[10/05/2012 14:55:05] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: and he fooled me as i maked the server

[10/05/2012 14:55:06] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: he got hoster

[10/05/2012 14:55:13] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: he got 10 admins and me not with maked the server

[10/05/2012 14:55:17] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: take it dow

[10/05/2012 14:56:22] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: can u teach me how ?

[10/05/2012 14:56:40] Sebastian: why

[10/05/2012 14:56:54] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: couse i want to take servers down witch are not needed.

[10/05/2012 14:56:59] Sebastian: like yours?

[10/05/2012 14:57:00] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: everlite, revolution and such

[10/05/2012 14:57:03] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: hahah :)

[10/05/2012 14:57:06] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: mine is down

[10/05/2012 14:57:17] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: but iw ould have 20 players but i dont want to pay for

[10/05/2012 14:57:24] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: its dumb

[10/05/2012 14:59:01] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: seller

[10/05/2012 14:59:59] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: fuck you seller

[10/05/2012 15:02:17] Sebastian: you think

[10/05/2012 15:02:21] Sebastian: anything is free

[10/05/2012 15:02:22] Sebastian: in this world

[10/05/2012 15:02:29] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: no

[10/05/2012 15:02:33] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: you dont got any friends

[10/05/2012 15:02:39] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: you dont know what friend means

[10/05/2012 15:15:40] Sebastian: what?

[10/05/2012 15:15:53] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: shut up

[10/05/2012 15:16:11] Sebastian: do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

[10/05/2012 15:16:53] Sebastian: filthy filthy pig

[10/05/2012 15:22:59] Sebastian: do you?

[10/05/2012 15:28:31] アレ0メ[Making Rp Servers]: no man

I just trolled him as he was dead serious about ddosing servers, therefore, he's an idiot. I only went along to see what he had to say.

I had a conversation with the EverLite owner too, Jason. Pl0x gave him valhalla scripts from 2012, he's actually throwing them around on skype, acting like a hotshot. Pl0x is the "Making Roleplay servers" guy. He sets up your server for money, giving you valhalla scripts. A scammer, phoney and an idiot.

[02/05/2012 17:00:51] アレ0メ: Urm.

[02/05/2012 17:00:55] アレ0メ: It just dont take it as DB.

[02/05/2012 17:00:57] アレ0メ: For vG

[02/05/2012 17:01:02] アレ0メ: for vG script.

[02/05/2012 17:01:14] アレ0メ: For my vedic and such i make db in one sec..

[02/05/2012 17:01:23] アレ0メ: No Clue , why..

[02/05/2012 17:01:56] Sebastian: copy paste

[02/05/2012 17:01:58] Sebastian: script logs

[02/05/2012 17:02:34] アレ0メ: what you mean ?

[02/05/2012 17:03:19] Sebastian: console logs

[02/05/2012 17:03:27] アレ0メ: ah.

[02/05/2012 17:05:42] アレ0メ: ERROR: exports : Call to non-running server resource (mysql )

I told him how to set a server up using mySQL, bad misstake. Don't even get near this dumbass, just a warning.

Callum Jones = Force Roleplay (Down)

Pl0x / Francis Remi ( Something like that ), = Nirvana Roleplay ( Worst crap ever ).

Jason = EverLite Owner ( been online once, all i saw was valhalla images ),

here is your examples of power hungry peeps and idiots whom ruin the roleplay community.

Few nuts has been using my name too, to for an example, scare my admins by threatening them to be demoted because he doesn't get items / cars / money etc etc. All admins has been notified and they have been locked out from the server.

you can ban the imposter (pl0x) with this, I'm sure he will cause problems for everyone of you.

local serials = 
{ 
     "8DB13008249C6941DC0300CE9FA3B442", --pl0x serial 
     "3B223B86B381CEEF26B306435B7383F4"; -- 2nd serial 
} 

addEventHandler ("onPlayerConnect", root, 
    function(playerNick, playerIP, playerUsername, playerSerial, playerVersion)        
        for _, v in pairs( serials ) do 
            if (playerSerial == v) then 
                outputDebugString("found ".. v) 
                cancelEvent( true, "You are banned from this server." ) 
            end 
        end 
end 
) 

And here's DG Roleplay, the server with the best roleplay qualities out there:

( Server is, 2-3 weeks old~ )

mta-sc11.jpg

Another example of people bein' mad for power.

Edited by Guest

I don't see why Valhalla, Vedic, Shodown and all that crap is like the base of life for MTA. I made a roleplay gamemode in a week (and a bit) from scratch, and it was just as sophisticated and featureful as the rest. We're becoming a second SAMP community.

I'd be inclined to agree with some of what the OP said, but it's a problem which is not confined only to Roleplaying servers - other gamemodes suffer from the same. It seems to be a cultural issue in MTA, perhaps due to what seems like quite a young average age across the community.

If you are running a successful server, other servers will copy you. If you ban someone, they'll try to start their own server and copy you. Originality and creativity isn't fostered, it's practically discouraged because every idiot will see you've come up with an interesting concept or feature and will try to duplicate it - the end result being a heap of servers offering the exact same experience. Which, as I said, seems like a cultural issue within MTA, since most people just turn a blind eye to that sort of behaviour instead of rejecting it entirely. I'd say that's destroying the pool of server operators who actually know what the hell they're doing, and replacing them with a bunch of moron children who are only interested in whoring their player count.

MTA needs a bunch of unique, quality servers which are all roughly equal in popularity, not hundreds of identical, crap servers with two people in each. The current environment just strangles creativity, and creativity is what running a server is all about as far as I'm concerned (at least within Freeroam). Why bother putting the time into making something original using the tools MTA provides, when you know it'll just be copied or stolen by some kid trying to poach players? It's a sad state of affairs. But I've been saying this for years, I doubt anything will change, it's not something which can be easily fixed. It's probably the noisy minority who are causing the problems afterall.

good old times, samer

anyways what dkr oz is saying is completely true and here's the proof:

(( [GOOC] (1) Frank Martin: hm... this stolled version is very old :P ))

(( [GOOC] (1) Frank Martin: stoaled ))

(( [GOOC] (1) Frank Martin: or stealed ))

(( [GOOC] (1) Frank Martin: dunno ))

(( [GOOC] (8) [Owner] Ben Wright: you are dumb, right? ))

(( [GOOC] (1) Frank Martin: dumb? ))

(( [GOOC] (1) Frank Martin: that means like dumbass? ))

(( [GOOC] (8) [Owner] Ben Wright: stupid. ))

(( [GOOC] (1) Frank Martin: no sir :P ))

(( [GOOC] (1) Frank Martin: you want the vG latest one? ))

(( [GOOC] (1) Frank Martin: i can give it to you for free ))

(( [GOOC] (8) [Owner] Ben Wright: dont jump to stupid conclusions, nothing is stolen ))

(( [GOOC] (8) [Owner] Ben Wright: and no. ))

(( [GOOC] (1) Frank Martin: i am such a good guy :3 ))

(( [GOOC] (1) Frank Martin: LOLOLOL ))

(( [GOOC] (1) Frank Martin: 90% of the server is vG roleplay ))

(( [GOOC] (8) [Owner] Ben Wright: and 100% of you is retarded ))

(( [GOOC] (8) [Owner] Ben Wright: what's your point ))

(( [GOOC] (8) [Owner] Ben Wright: it's still not stolen ))

(( [GOOC] (8) [Owner] Ben Wright: so what are you doing here pl0x? ))

(( [GOOC] (1) Frank Martin: having fun ))

(( [GOOC] (8) [Owner] Ben Wright: you're as stupid as you were few months ago ))

(( [GOOC] (1) Frank Martin: why you keep insulting? ))

(( [GOOC] (1) Frank Martin: you guys think that good thing? ))

(( [GOOC] (1) Frank Martin: i am just giving an advice ))

(( [GOOC] (1) Frank Martin: my point is to just create new stuff ))

(( [GOOC] (8) [Owner] Ben Wright: yeah ))

(( [GOOC] (8) [Owner] Ben Wright: create new stuf ))

(( [GOOC] (1) Frank Martin: well i have vG script ))

(( [GOOC] (8) [Owner] Ben Wright: stuff*, comes from the right mouth ))

(( [GOOC] (1) Frank Martin: latest one ))

(( [GOOC] (8) [Owner] Ben Wright: i could talk with you for hours, you still would not understand ))

(( [GOOC] (8) [Owner] Ben Wright: what i'm talking about ))

(( [GOOC] (1) Frank Martin: and i have created paintball script and Academy script and new computer and phone and added ite ))

AdmBan: Owner Ben Wright banned Frank Martin. (Permanent)

AdmBan: Reason: Stay out (Permanent).

Basically, what he is saying is: "just an advice, create new stuff" " i give u vg script, latest"

this is the guy from page #1, pl0x.

I've included a second serial from him in the script on page #1 incase someone wants to save some time banning him before he causes trouble somewhere.

Get back on the damn topic please.

@oz

It is really been going on for a long time indeed, it has originated from the freeroam servers, then spread across to the race servers, now the roleplay servers are completely ruined.

The sad part is that it seems to be unstoppable, there is no way to put a stop to this, you take down one, two new ones rise.

The same thing has happened to Garry's Mod, all you see is servers with the same gamemode ( over 450! ) and all of them empty or 1 -2 players.

It looks like MTA is awaiting the same fate...

Some servers are owned by kids... what do you expect?

And a quite big amount of players are kids. They go with their friends, don't look for quality.

There is no real solution for that problem. Unless you put some selection process to put a server online for MTA...

What you could do is create a kind of community that gives points to the server. Like when some server faked/stole/used other servers scripts, they get a warning and if they don't change it the community put that info online.

This idea just came out of my head now... If someone is courageous enough to create it, I would support this fully, just like any other honest server owner!

Actually, the more I think about it, the more it seems nice, but hard to start!

Greetz, Rockypi

People that run an RP server should seriously think about this, about how they have completely destroyed a once great part of MTA over nothing but power and greedyness.

For the sake of this community and mta, quit your childish behaviour and play for the fun of playing.

Well the thing is, like most of everyone here said it already, most servers who start up are owned by kids. And you're completely right, they want to make it for the wrong reasons. I see everyone always whining about what is wrong, but nobody actually does anything to change it. MTA is falling apart. I began roleplaying two years ago, it's not nearly as fun as it used too. People care more about getting admin then to enjoy roleplaying in a fun faction with a bunch of friends. Like [DKR]Oz said, MTA lacks creativity and uniqueness. But nothing is impossible.. don't get me wrong here. I hate seeing people say that it's impossible to start off a good server and gain respect and players. It's damn hard, but not impossible.

A bunch of friends and I are creating a new Roleplay server. We love MTA and we hate to see it go down this road. We're currently re-uniting the oldies and making things happen. If you'd like to be a part of it, now or later, and I invite you all, please shoot me a PM. I'd love to share some our plans with you. It's time to change things around for the better.

With much respect, Phil.