Sound drops

Enko

Question

Hi,

I've been having this issue for awhile now, and it happened after I changed some of my sound drivers. Changing them around doesn't seem to work anymore and I wonder if it's a setting I changed long ago and the drivers reset it, basically I looked around on the forums for this and I can't seem to find anything that works for me, so I need to actually get help for this situation on it's own.

It might not be something specific for MTA, however I haven't got this in Singleplayer, if that's because I never played enough or it just doesn't work i'm not sure.

The problem is that after awhile, nothing specific the sound just vanishes, existing sounds may stay, I noticed water sounds from the sea, helicopter sounds and sometimes breifly car sounds all continue to work until interrupted after the sounds fail as a whole. So for example the sound may stop working aside from the helicopter, gunfire and crashing makes no noise but the helicopter still does, until I turn it off (the sound is mono and doesn't change pitch or anything). This happens at random and a full MTA restart fixes it, yet it just doesn't have any pattern and I tried a lot of things.

Any help would be apreciated, if more detail on the problem is needed I'll try to provide.

Note that MTA sounds still play, such as ones played by the MTA client, it's the GTA sounds that fail.

4 answers to this question

This used to happen to me on and off, dating back to Development Preview. I haven't noticed it recently (last few months), but it may be due to the fact I have upgraded most of the hardware on my computer.