Reunion

The title says it all really but could it be possible?

I remember when Towncivilian released the first major update that we had a full server with plenty of vets around. The server was only up for about 2 hours but it was quality seeing some of the old clan tags being involved such as =ULK=, FMJ, one or two KFC's and others. I remember me and lil_Toady pretty much killing everybody that came close to Cherry Poppers (slightly bigheaded, I know). I had a few screenshot saved on my old machine but the hard drive is buggered otherwise I would have posted a few pictures.

The question is could it be possible to have another similar reunion?

I'm sure publishing a message on the homepage wouldn't do no harm and we could build a hype around the event - maybe organize a weekend scheme? Get the news out. A step back in time moment so to say. We could set up a 3-4 dedicated servers for example and try and lure a crowd. I'm sure some of the new guys in the SA era might want to drop back and see how MTA really started.

I wouldn't want such an event to speculate a future release but more or less create a reminder and remember that if it wasn't for the moments in Liberty or Vice - MTA today might have never existed.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm talking about just a dedicated server or if someone could host one. I can't remember who were the hosts for the event that we did last year but maybe we could get in touch with them.

I'm surprised that this topic hasn't caught the attention I was hoping for. It just goes to show how much time has changed!

Well if you're looking for roleplaying in MTA:VC, Argonath RPG's server has been up for years and is still up, and completely dedicated.

As for other servers, I'll try to get some more back up soon when I get my physical server fixed in the next week or so. Would love to see others join in and help, though! :)

Well if you're looking for roleplaying in MTA:VC, Argonath RPG's server has been up for years and is still up, and completely dedicated.

As for other servers, I'll try to get some more back up soon when I get my physical server fixed in the next week or so. Would love to see others join in and help, though! :)

What type of help are you looking for?

• 2 weeks later...

If you're interested, Argonath RPG is having a community-wide event called "MTA:VC Day" on May 29th, followed by a summer-long event called "Life's A Beach Summer Blowout" to help revive the mod within it's own community. You're all welcome to join if you're looking for a quick RP fix! ;)

If you're interested, Argonath RPG is having a community-wide event called "MTA:VC Day" on May 29th, followed by a summer-long event called "Life's A Beach Summer Blowout" to help revive the mod within it's own community. You're all welcome to join if you're looking for a quick RP fix! ;)

nice, I'm coming

The title says it all really but could it be possible?

I remember when Towncivilian released the first major update that we had a full server with plenty of vets around. The server was only up for about 2 hours but it was quality seeing some of the old clan tags being involved such as =ULK=, FMJ, one or two KFC's and others. I remember me and lil_Toady pretty much killing everybody that came close to Cherry Poppers (slightly bigheaded, I know). I had a few screenshot saved on my old machine but the hard drive is buggered otherwise I would have posted a few pictures.

The question is could it be possible to have another similar reunion?

I'm sure publishing a message on the homepage wouldn't do no harm and we could build a hype around the event - maybe organize a weekend scheme? Get the news out. A step back in time moment so to say. We could set up a 3-4 dedicated servers for example and try and lure a crowd. I'm sure some of the new guys in the SA era might want to drop back and see how MTA really started.

I wouldn't want such an event to speculate a future release but more or less create a reminder and remember that if it wasn't for the moments in Liberty or Vice - MTA today might have never existed.

I am up for such an event, if you're serious about it

contact each and everyone of the clan directly, post on their forums, irc, etc.

some old schoolers still hang around on clan forums as well.

I happen to know a couple forums for the old clans

ulk-gang.net

kfcgang.net

#vck

i believe there are some VCK's, FKU's still lurking around ULK and KFC forums