Running MTA 1.3 on Ubuntu 12.04

Evel

Question

Recently, I made the switch to Ubuntu from Windows, as Windows was causing a whole world of trouble. Now I'd like to get MTA 1.3 working. I've heard a number of people have managed to get it working, but mine will not function for some reason.

I installed it under Wine v1.4, but on startup, a grey box appears, then it closes and nothing starts. I have tried a number of solutions, in no particular order:

-Installing DirectX files through Winetricks (No d3d9.dll in the SA folder however)

-Installing allfonts through Winetricks

-Running MTADiag (Through Wine, it updated MTA)

-Deleting the gta_sa.set

-Installing C++ 2010, 2008, and 2005 through Winetricks (However, I got an error at the end of one of their installations saying that a .dll file was not found)

-Running Wine in Windows XP, Vista and 7 mode, as well as Virtual Desktop mode

Singleplayer works just fine, as does SA:MP 0.3d R2. I'm running on Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit with the latest updates. And my computer specs, if at all important, are as follows:

CPU: Intel i7 2600K (Overclocked @ 4.2GHz)

GFX: NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti 1GB

Motherboard: MSI Z68A-GD55 (B3)

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Perhaps I'm missing some Winetricks add-ons? Maybe one of them didn't install properly? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Edit: If it helps, I tried running MTA through Terminal in the main folder with the command "wine MultiTheftAuto.exe" and I got this error:

fixme:ole:CoInitializeSecurity ((nil),-1,(nil),(nil),0,3,(nil),0,(nil)) - stub! 
fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer 0x13f200, L"ROOT\\CIMV2", (null), (null), (null), 0x00000000, (null), (nil), 0x32f880) 
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\media\\531C1353E752EF64\\Games\\GTA San Andreas\\gta_sa.exe" failed, status c0000022 

MTADiag works under Wine, so here's the log:

MTADiag v 2.2 by Towncivilian  
MTA path:             Z:\media\531C1353E752EF64\Games\MTA San Andreas 
Old MTA version:      1.3.0-9.04037.0.000 
MTA version:          1.3.0-9.04037.0.000 
GTA path:             Z:\media\531C1353E752EF64\Games\GTA San Andreas 
D3D9.dll present:     No 
DirectX up-to-date:   Yes 

Can't open C:\users\igoor\Temp\dxdiag.log 

tasklist >: 

I can't draw any meaningful conclusions from it, but maybe someone else can. However, it should be noted that at first it said DirectX was out-of-date and directed me to the updater, which wouldn't work, and it was unable to create a log once I exited the updater. I then checked off another DirectX .dll in Winetricks and MTADiag reported it as up-to-date, outputting that log. But the .dll now appears to be deselected in Winetricks.

Sorry about that,

Are you running it on Administrator?

There is no such option in Ubuntu, and running Wine as a superuser (Sort of Linux' equivalent) through Terminal is not possible, in fact all it does is muck up the permissions for the Wine directory.

oh, sorry, What's your Security Program?

like Firewall?

My firewall is the default firewall provided by Ubuntu: ufw (Uncomplicated Firewall). It has no rules set at the moment though. I don't have an anti-virus at the moment because I'm not terribly worried about the very few Linux viruses that exist (Though I am debating installing one in the future).

Edit: As for those drivers, there are no official Intel or MSI drivers for Linux, but I recently reinstalled my NVIDIA drivers, with no result.

I have no other suggestions right now,

Let's hope someone else has something for you.

(Last Try: Try reinstalling Wine and Winetricks)

Tried reinstalling both of them, still got the same issue. Guess I'll wait till someone else picks up on this thread, thanks for trying!

I have no other suggestions right now,

Let's hope someone else has something for you.

(Last Try: Try reinstalling Wine and Winetricks)

Tried reinstalling both of them, still got the same issue. Guess I'll wait till someone else picks up on this thread, thanks for trying!

np

Try installing the Visual C++ redists inside the wine "bottle", usually its missing some redists or files and fails to run.

I tried installing C++ 2008 to the Wine bottle through Wine bottle management (wibom) but it didn't seem to help. Perhaps I should be installing it some other way? Would you happen to know what files C++ 2008 consists of though? I could go into the file system and check if they're present.