Replay length ...

in Thargore's guide to screens and vids ... he mentions that the replay length in roughly 12 seconds ...

having watched other people's vids - this seems about right ... but in the game I never get more than 6 seconds of replay action which invariably leaves me without a take-off or a landing :?

can anyone shed some light on this?

how long do you folks get?

thanks in advance ..

deJaya

Well the limit must be hardcoded in gta-vc.exe, but i´havn't found the location yet :(

The reason for me to be believe it's a size limit, is that it is impossible to make a *.rep file with a larger size then 800.008bytes - you can only make them 100.008, 200.008, 300.008, 400.008, 500.008, 600.008, 700.008 and 800.008 - dunno if all of these sizes are possible, but atleast no other than these are possible ;D

I don't believe the big replay length difference was made intentionally by the MTA Team...

Don't ask me why, but 5 secs of MTA:VC replays, just juses the same amout of data, as 30secs in GTA:VC singleplayer...

The maximum replay size (800.000 + 8 bytes) was set by rockstars...

I asked Kent747 about the making the Replay limit longer in the next MTA version or in the Stunt Server version but he told me it probably CANNOT be done and explaned why....(this is not word for word, i asked him last week and i cant remember his exact words but this what i got out of the conversation.)

The replay length has not been changed in MTA but only appears to be. There is infact a set byte limit on replays. In the Single Player game the replay only records the positions of the cars and people in your immediate area and your player info. A replay in MTA records ALL the positions of the cars and people in the game and your info. This is also why you cant play a Single Player Replay inside MTA without crashing.

Hope that throws some light on the subject for ya.

• 2 months later...