New Clan Looking For Scripter

fivosga

Question

Today we launched a new clan / server named ~|PoD|~ which is gonna be for DM/DD/FUN and we are trying to find a scripter that is interested to help and knows LUA for our server scripts, MY-SQL to output our server stats in a database and PHP so he can edit our forum and to be able to add a "Map Uploader" and "Stats" that output from our server panel to the website through MY-SQL... Im having high expectations so I want it to be better than -|TG|- or FFS. Also if you offer we will give you a free development server to develop your scripts... We want him to have experience and be free to help us just like NeXTreme so he will be co-owner of our server... Please help us if you have the experience.

What we would like for our server:

-Sliding TopTimes with a MY-SQL database instead of SQLite so we can sync our server with diferrent ones

-A new userpanel that stores stats in the MY-SQL Database and for them to appear in the forum

-Different Changes in Race Gamemode

-Show Current Map in Gamemode

-A new radar

-A new speedometer

-Make everything toggable in the panel through the options tab

-Login Panel GUI that takes account name and pass from a database

-Panel should contain = Stats (toptimes, money, rank, points, etc.), Map Shop, Horn Shop, Vehicle Customizations, Options tab (Panel color, Toggle fuctions such as ~|PoD|~Mods)

-~|PoD|~Custom infernus mod

-~|PoD|~Countdown

-Antything else you would like to add and if you are volunteering to help please let me know . My skype : fivoss3

*Dont forget we will give you a free server for development which you can use for whatever you like.

13 answers to this question

I highly doubt anyone will make this for you, especially of you want it for free.

FYI: it's written lua not LUA.

It is actually witten LUA but lua is also correct

But als seb already stated, finding a scripter is going to be hard

And It is a beter idea to learn scripting yourself, als you will benefit from It later.

I did but the wiki wont realy help me to do the things I want... I need professional things so the wiki is a bunch of crap for what I want....

Sliding TopTimes with a MY-SQL database instead of SQLite so we can sync our server with diferrent ones

-A new userpanel that stores stats in the MY-SQL Database and for them to appear in the forum

-Different Changes in Race Gamemode

-Show Current Map in Gamemode

-A new radar

-A new speedometer

-Make everything toggable in the panel through the options tab

-Login Panel GUI that takes account name and pass from a database

-Panel should contain = Stats (toptimes, money, rank, points, etc.), Map Shop, Horn Shop, Vehicle Customizations, Options tab (Panel color, Toggle fuctions such as ~|PoD|~Mods)

-~|PoD|~Custom infernus mod

-~|PoD|~Countdown

-Antything else you would like to add and if you are volunteering to help please let me know . My skype : fivoss3

I highly doubt anyone will make this for you, especially of you want it for free.

And It is a beter idea to learn scripting yourself, als you will benefit from It later.

No, you're totally wrong, they hate it when you call it LUA.

They do however, want us to call it "Lua" with a capital.

"Lua" (pronounced LOO-ah) means "Moon" in Portuguese. As such, it is neither an acronym nor an abbreviation, but a noun. More specifically, "Lua" is a name, the name of the Earth's moon and the name of the language. Like most names, it should be written in lower case with an initial capital, that is, "Lua". Please do not write it as "LUA", which is both ugly and confusing, because then it becomes an acronym with different meanings for different people. So, please, write "Lua" right!

No, you're totally wrong, they hate it when you call it LUA.

They do however, want us to call it "Lua" with a capital.

I dont know who you mean with 'they', but thats most likely OCD-you.

if you're gonna go around correcting every single so called "mistake", you might want to consider doing something different.

It does not matter how you spell it, its just three letters and as quite a few programming languages are all-caps ( such as BASIC, C#, C++(CPP), HTML, PHP ) it is easily copied.

But still, searching for scripts is very hopeless these days are there are very few scripters with loads of experience around MTA.

This is not getting to anywhere. Im not receiving any answers. They only thing I want is a site to learn lua but a simle one to start from. I dont want to start with lua.org even if it is the official site.

I dont realy give a damn if it is called LUA, Lua or lua! Not my problem the pronounciation. The only thing I want is either for some help to learn lua or a scripter that can help me with my project.

Thanks

I don't know LuA, but started at the wiki which I'm grasping the basic concept... Alot of forum searching and even a little bit of internet searching helped me out. Just a few weeks out and already able to create simple lUa scripts because of this type of research (Wiki/Forum/Web).

It's going to take effort on your part if you truly what to learn lUA...