How to do this..

rbnames = { ["roadright"] = "Small roadblock", ["helix_barrier"] = "Big Street Roadblock", ["roadworkbarrier1"] = "Sidewalk Roadblock", ["roadbarrier4"] = "Barrier", ["roadbarrier3"] = "Detour sign", ["roadbarrier6"] = "Small barrier" } 

GUIEditor_Button = {} 

rbswindow = guiCreateWindow(0.3391,0.2832,0.3125,0.4688,"Roadblock System",true) 
guiWindowSetSizable(rbswindow,false) 
accp = guiCreateButton(0.1075,0.8813,0.3225,0.0854,"Accept",true,rbswindow) 
cls = guiCreateButton(0.57,0.8813,0.3225,0.0854,"Close",true,rbswindow) 
rbsmenu = guiCreateGridList(0.11,0.1292,0.785,0.725,true,rbswindow) 
guiGridListSetSelectionMode(rbsmenu,2) 

guiGridListAddColumn(rbsmenu,"Roadblocks",0.12) 

for i = 1, 6 do 
    guiGridListAddRow(rbsmenu) 
end 

Got this, obviously client-side. I'd like to make it so that the gridlist takes the names from the table, the ones after "=" and use them, as in make the grid list row text to them. How can I do that? Don't edit the script, just tell me how, I'd like to learn myself.

click: https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/GuiCreateGridList

there's really no point in helping you learn here. (It's aldready written on the wiki, explained in detail too). You can simply copy-paste from there.

this is what you need:

for key,weaponName in pairs(shotguns) do 
                --add a new row to our gridlist each time 
                local row = guiGridListAddRow ( spawnScreenGridList ) --get our new row 
                --next, we set that rows text to the weapon name.  Column is 1 since the "Shotguns" column was created first. 
                guiGridListSetItemText ( spawnScreenGridList, row, 1, weaponName, false, false ) 

This is how to do it: (P.S: Don't open it if you want to try yourself)

rbNames = { ["roadright"] = "Small roadblock", ["helix_barrier"] = "Big Street Roadblock", ["roadworkbarrier1"] = "Sidewalk Roadblock", ["roadbarrier4"] = "Barrier", ["roadbarrier3"] = "Detour sign", ["roadbarrier6"] = "Small barrier" } 

rbsWindow = guiCreateWindow(0.3391,0.2832,0.3125,0.4688,"Roadblock System",true) 
guiWindowSetSizable(rbsWindow,false) 
acceptButton = guiCreateButton(0.1075,0.8813,0.3225,0.0854,"Accept",true,rbsWindow) 
closeButton = guiCreateButton(0.57,0.8813,0.3225,0.0854,"Close",true,rbsWindow) 
rbsMenu = guiCreateGridList(0.11,0.1292,0.785,0.725,true,rbsWindow) 
guiGridListSetSelectionMode(rbsMenu,2) 

guiGridListAddColumn(rbsMenu,"Roadblocks",0.12) 

for key,rbNames in pairs(rbNames) do 
                local row = guiGridListAddRow ( rbsMenu ) 
                guiGridListSetItemText ( rbsMenu, row, 1, rbNames, false, false ) 
        end 

for i = 1, 6 do 
    guiGridListAddRow(rbsMenu) 
end 

Edited by Guest

thing is, what most people fail to do when trying to learn something, for an example, Lua. They come here because they haven't tried enough yet. If you read it a few more times then tried it yourself, you would understand. You would then get an idea how it works, for this and other things. It's very pattern-like. Once you get a hang of it, you'll quickly understand many other things once you've came to that specific part.

Also, I wont prevent you for posting here for help. I did the same thing.

thing is, what most people fail to do when trying to learn something, for an example, Lua. They come here because they haven't tried enough yet. If you read it a few more times then tried it yourself, you would understand. You would then get an idea how it works, for this and other things. It's very pattern-like. Once you get a hang of it, you'll quickly understand many other things once you've came to that specific part.

Also, I wont prevent you for posting here for help. I did the same thing.

Okay. Thanks for clearing that up. Also, it doesn't work for some reason. I tried copying the spoiler script too.

try this:

rbNames = { ["roadright"] = "Small roadblock", ["helix_barrier"] = "Big Street Roadblock", ["roadworkbarrier1"] = "Sidewalk Roadblock", ["roadbarrier4"] = "Barrier", ["roadbarrier3"] = "Detour sign", ["roadbarrier6"] = "Small barrier" } 

rbsWindow = guiCreateWindow(0.3391,0.2832,0.3125,0.4688,"Roadblock System",true) 
acceptButton = guiCreateButton(0.1075,0.8813,0.3225,0.0854,"Accept",true,rbsWindow) 

guiGridListAddColumn(rbsMenu,"Roadblocks",0.5) 

end 

for i = 1, 6 do 
end 

Hm, it should.. works for me. This is what you wanted right? also check /debugscript

eqntc9.png

Did you copy the full code or just this part:

end 

because if you did, change rbNames & rbsMenu to whatever you had earlier

I did change em, but it still doesn't show up. Here's the code I've got.

rbnames = {  
 ["roadright"] = "Small roadblock", 
 ["helix_barrier"] = "Big Street Roadblock", 
 ["roadworkbarrier1"] = "Sidewalk Roadblock", 
 ["roadbarrier4"] = "Barrier", 
 ["roadbarrier3"] = "Detour sign", 
 ["roadbarrier6"] = "Small barrier" 
 } 

function cGUI() 

showCursor(true) 
toggleAllControls(true) 

guiGridListAddColumn(rbsMenu,"Roadblocks",0.90) 

for key,rbNames in pairs(rbnames) do 
                guiGridListSetItemText ( rbsMenu, row, 1, rbnames, false, false ) 
        end 

for i = 1, 6 do 
end 
end 
addCommandHandler("rb", cGUI)