[REQ/Idea] GTA V Development

As far as I know, one of the MTA contributors is already working on the server sided part of GTA V. Everything except the connection to the game itself is done, but he could do this in one week, and I believe him. I've seen him work and I can't wait until he finishes it when GTA gets launched.

• 4 weeks later...
As far as I know, one of the MTA contributors is already working on the server sided part of GTA V. Everything except the connection to the game itself is done, but he could do this in one week, and I believe him. I've seen him work and I can't wait until he finishes it when GTA gets launched.

No, no one is working on GTAV that is MTA staff. We can't even access binaries yet. I know a few people who are apparently working on something, but they've reversed the XEX for the Xbox 360 and know what they're doing. Those people haven't gone public with it either. But no one who is a current MTA contributor is working on a project related to GTAV.

• 2 years later...

But what about now? At the moment there is a few GTA V online mods developed be different groups and are in early beta stages, my suggestion is to MTA team join them and make one great multiplayer mod, because current developers of GTA V mods in my opinion are not trustworthy as MTA team is to work on their mods. For now maybe they show interest in making a such mod, but who knows what they will do after a year or two. We know that MTA devs care about this mod, so they could take care of GTAV mod aswell if the original creators decide to stop development. MTA team should try to make contact with them and make one great MP mod for GTAV.

If you want some info on those mods, i can tell you where you can follow their progress

Edited by Stylez
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2017 at 20:27, Stylez said:

But what about now? At the moment there is a few GTA V online mods developed be different groups and are in early beta stages, my suggestion is to MTA team join them and make one great multiplayer mod, because current developers of GTA V mods in my opinion are not trustworthy as MTA team is to work on their mods. For now maybe they show interest in making a such mod, but who knows what they will do after a year or two. We know that MTA devs care about this mod, so they could take care of GTAV mod aswell if the original creators decide to stop development. MTA team should try to make contact with them and make one great MP mod for GTAV.

If you want some info on those mods, i can tell you where you can follow their progress

Completely agree. Because at the moment you can't really rely on these mods as their future is unclear. MTA team would definitely bring more confidence in that kind of project.  Overall server owners want a stable release with someone looking after it. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/6/2017 at 00:24, Piorun said:

Hi,

Today I found that on steam there is GTA:SA for MacOS / OSX so i decided to write this topic. Can you compile MTA source code for MacOS also?

On 8/6/2017 at 23:57, Simple01 said:

If memory addresses changed then be sure there's no way MTA Team would make MTA for MacOS.

you Pay B?

B You? Pay? B ;(

MTA Pay

00.00.000.00? Pay?

-_- ;(

I agree, GTA V is definitely the 'future'. But you can't just ask the MTA Devs to come up with a completely new GTA V project, they have been working on MTA:SA for years and honestly, they did such a good job that you would think it was released by Rockstar itself. I don't think the name of the other GTA V projects are a big secret, I only know of 2, GTA:Network and FiveM, but they're both still in very early stages and have their own limitations. For example FiveM can only hold up to 32 players (as far as I remember), but they use GTA online syncer, not their own. GTA:Network on the other hand has their own syncer with higher slot numbers, but as expected, way worse than the other one. 

15 hours ago, CodyJ(L) said:

Take two is hitting GTA V modding hard there's even more doubt then ever before.

I seen that as well, but I think it's ridiculous. Why are they suing OpenIV? Is it illegal to mod my game? I mean I bought the game, why can't I do whatever the hell I want with it?  

On 6/16/2017 at 14:03, pa3ck said:

I seen that as well, but I think it's ridiculous. Why are they suing OpenIV? Is it illegal to mod my game? I mean I bought the game, why can't I do whatever the hell I want with it?  

Quoting Dark Byte,

With games becoming more and more online and laws are passed constantly to take away your rights to your own possessions

It takes at least 6-24 months for a judge to come up with a final decision about a lawsuit but just imagine the ass loads of money one has to pay lawyers while they are fighting for their rights. Sucks, doesn't it? Even if you did absolutely nothing wrong, you will never want to get sued because if you run out of money, you lose the case. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a GTA V multiplayer owned by MTA and I would love to contribute but I can guarantee you that it is never going to happen.

technically, once you're proven to be in the right, the claimant who lost has to cover your legal expenses... Although that's only covering it, you'd need to pay upfront and with little, if not none at all, foresight into how the case plays out. You'd be taking a big risk if there are chances you lose.

• Like 1

Many players have weak computers, they have weak RAM, 2GB and Bad Graphic Card like Intel HD Graphic or bad CPU

Well i'm with you with this idea, i 've already started working on this project and i just had a problem with Dx Gridlist, I also i didn't find a solution to add a custom ped walking style, i have made some Dx Guis like Spawners and Jobs....etc

Also the Players who have weak computer can't play or install GTA V on his computer, that's why we've to make an official GTA V Server or add functions or solutions or methods to change Walking style and animation, editing .ifp files in Multi Theft Auto

I thought that i'm the only one who thinking of it

but when i saw this topic i felt happy,

I'm thinking of making an Official  GTA V Server in MTA, We've to make a Development Team to work on, each one get his scripts until we finish it, i'm ready to work

I've long time working on this project but i didn't find anyone to help or work with, hope you think like me 

Regards xMKHx.