Suggestion for the future version

Ok I apologize if someone already created this topic, but I couldn't find the original one where I had posted before for the suggestion. This is probably going to be pain in a butt to do, but like many people had talked about, being able to use MOD for MTA would be so cool. Being a bike fanatic, I think it would be great if there was a bike fest and everyone came with their own custom bikes. Same thing can go for if someone decides to have a car show. Now I'm still in process of learning programming but how's this for an idea? MTA can have an extra folder in their directory where mod files are saved so they can be downloaded by players if someone were to go into a server where people have their custom vehicles. I understand that may take long time before anyone creates a version without crashing (if it's even possible to do that), but I thought that would be really cool idea.

yep. 100% agree. this idea, I like very much.

I have a car I like which is not part of the original game.

And it's always a pain to play without her......

I hope some of the brains behind the MTA will find a solution.

And will find this idea as interesting as the both of us.

• MTA Team

in order for these things to work, a lot has to change to MTA and also all ppl would need to have the same mods installed (so we need to check for that as well) it is not easy and MTA is still in early development. But i doubt something like this will be available in the next months

I don't think that would work very well... you would actually have to add totally NEW vehicles to vice city rather than just changing the dff's and txd's of a model. Say you have a custom pcj 600 model. Every pcj 600 that spawns in the city on your game will be that custom model. Someone with a different model on their game will see the pcj diffrently. Without new vehicles, there would be no way to distinguish between one pcj and another. This would result in thousands of totally different vehicles that the game probably wouldn't be able to support. It would be great if Rockstar could integrate a new system for it, though. A lot of strategy games have an auto download for custom maps from other players. It could be similar with downloading custom vehicles, but it might need official reprogramming of the game.

Custom player models, too?

Hopefully people don't cheat with it and make a huge vehicle.

No, custom player models arent possible to create without the tools R* has, or the renderware plugins. you can switch models around and re-skin them, but thats it.

How exactly would a "huge vehicle" be cheating? i wanted to make a 6-wheeled behemoth that could haul lots of ppl, before it was announced .2 wouldnt support modding. i didnt consider it cheating...

the patriot and sandking go over bikes like speedbumps, helicopters fly over other vehicles, at high speeds the linerunner firetruck and securicar are like trains. i dont think "you drove over my car" is a valid cheat. clearly some vehicles have advantages, and others dont, size, unless its like 2 blocks long, isnt really a HUGE advantage. besides that, the bigger it is, the easier it is to shoot :wink:

Wow, I didn't think this topic was going to grow this fast. Pretty cool. I thought it would be too crazy. Maybe I should start posting about all those crazy ideas I have in my head. Maybe some of them are not that crazy after all. Cuz I know alot of people liked my idea of being able to use the jail cells locking people up.

The Faggio with property of tank... that's kinda funny when you think about it. lol.

I do agree with creating big car is not necesary cheating. Every vehicle has it's own advantage and disadvantages as long as you don't cheat with invincible code or something. Like I know tanks are nearly invincible, but it does take a while to get started so that would give people chance to pull the person out easily.

the patriot and sandking go over bikes like speedbumps, helicopters fly over other vehicles, at high speeds the linerunner firetruck and securicar are like trains. i dont think "you drove over my car" is a valid cheat. clearly some vehicles have advantages, and others dont, size, unless its like 2 blocks long, isnt really a HUGE advantage. besides that, the bigger it is, the easier it is to shoot :wink:

I don't think you understand. I mean a vehicle that is so huge it can barely fit on a road and can crush any other vehicle it comes into contact with. And if it has the properties of a tank, I think you will have to shoot for quite a while.

Well aren't tanks made to be tough anyways? I understand it wouldn't be fair for other players that has vehicle with less defense, but in exchange for the toughness, you give up the speed, and be able to turn and ride around smoothly like phoenix, pcj and stuff. I think it would be fine, considering you would have think of some kind of strategy to steal, stop or trap the tank if they are coming after you. That would make MTA more interesting instead of going into a server and doing nothing but killing people.

maybe make the tank a game mode liek one person gets tank and the doors are locked and every oen else gottta kill it make it real easy to find the tank though likes its own special icon on the radar. or maybe makke it once there are 32 people in a server a tank spawns some where and who ever finds it gets it then the whole server goes after that person