Prevent vehicle clutter. Put an idle car timer in!

Ransom

Do you like this idea?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this idea?

• Yes
    • No

:!:

I have found that servers that run for long periods of time tend to run out of vehicles. People constantly spawn and drive the cars near the spawn to their favorite common spots and leave them there. Soon you find yourself walking through Vice City after spawning in search for a car.

:idea:

How about some kind of idle car timer? If the cars aren't used for X amount of time, they automatically disappear and regenerate at their spawn points again?

Ransom , that idea has been said already but its a nice idea,it woudl be nice iff this was possible, but thats it i dont know iff its possible,and FLesheater that what u said is not what Ransom is sugesting , what you said is simply you had the chopper in game you parked it and got out(remember cars only synced when people in them) and went to snipe people.Someone new came in and his for his client all vehicles that dont have a person in them are at there normanl spawn so iff u had the Hunter it would be at milatire base , so he would go to base ,you still sniping people(outside the chopper) he gets in it gets synced and the chopper dissapears from behind you.

This is a really bad idea.

Stunt teams that set up packers on long routes to use wouldn't be able to rely on them staying there. Problems with synchronising the vehicle cleanup with every - this is already a problem for just plain blow cars up, let alone trying to run a garbage collection process.

Already strained servers will fall to the floor crying at the extra load.

When you are having a fight with a bunch of people you want your car to stay so that you can get away once you've killed them all. If you kill them all and it's gone you're screwed.

Just a really bad idea all over. :?

when i play MTA it seems like a ghost town. I run around and find a car in the middle of the road with the door open :evil: , if i drive for a ways i come to another car on the side of the road, still haven't come across a person. Finally when i get to where all the people are, they have most of the cars and doing stupid things with em...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's an idea...

Why don't people just blow up any damaged cars that are lying around the city, I do.

Might as well leave the good condition cars lying around as to keep finding cars a bit more random.

Chances are that the screwed cars are near the current battle area anyway...

So if you see one shoot it so others can use it again at spawn and come and kick your ass :wink: and the action will keep going for longer...

Here's an idea...

Why don't people just blow up any damaged cars that are lying around the city, I do.

Might as well leave the good condition cars lying around as to keep finding cars a bit more random.

Chances are that the screwed cars are near the current battle area anyway...

So if you see one shoot it so others can use it again at spawn and come and kick your ass :wink: and the action will keep going for longer...

Mr Speaker, I would like to associate myself with the remarks of the Gentleman from New Zealand. I would like to remit the balance of my time

so ordered

Mr. Speaker, I would also like to reserve my right to revise and extend my remarks and I yield the balance of my time.

without objection? so ordered.

I always blow up strays, it's just good forum, umm i mean from, errr form.