MTA and CIT Milestone - 1024 players.

Argurios

Question

[i'd appreciate it if someone can move this, I closed the wrong tab and posted it here instead of the version independant forum]

Today CIT and MTA broke another huge landmark in online GTA history. We got past the 1024 player peak on the server, with huge support from both our and the MTA community, with good suggestions in IRC and on the forum.

So thanks to everyone who helped, congratulations to CIT and MTA for making this possible - especially Cazomino05 who is constantly helping us and being a supa-star in IRC.

Here's some media:

fuz0g3.png

cOafO.png

scaled.php?server=171&filename=sinttulozbz.png&res=landing

GG all.

- [CIT]Perry

Well, in part that's good and that's bad. Congratulations to the CIT team and the MTA team for this, but the bad part is that we got only 1 server like CIT, try to imagine how popular would be MTA with only three servers like CIT.

WOW, that would make MTA one of the most popular MOD ever... Actually, MTA is the most popular mod :lol:

Meh. As I've said before, they wouldn't have reached 1024 (1028) players if they hadn't bribed players with free VIP/money (which I might add, some people lost after the server crashed, and were basically told to "fuck off" if they complained about it) and repeatedly told players to connect . A server doesn't just gain 200 players out of nowhere. I'm sorry, but you haven't earned any kind of achievement. Your "player peak" was cheated, and your players were treated very unfairly afterwards.

Meh. As I've said before, they wouldn't have reached 1024 (1028) players if they hadn't bribed players with free VIP/money (which I might add, some people lost after the server crashed, and were basically told to ":O off" if they complained about it) and repeatedly told players to connect . A server doesn't just gain 200 players out of nowhere. I'm sorry, but you haven't earned any kind of achievement. Your "player peak" was cheated, and your players were treated very unfairly afterwards.

I agree. Also, I personally prefer 1024 players in 3 servers (which would be 340 per one) than in only one. Why shouldn't we just redirect all MTA players to CIT so we would reach a super mega historic record...

Obviously we wouldn't get 1028 players (who would?) without advertising it and offering some nice bonus for being there.

As for going over 1024 players I was just as surprised as everyone else, you'll have to ask an MTA developer how that one happened, because the server was clearly at 1024 as a maximum.

1024 Is what it says in mtaserver.conf

Also the reason why we had to move everyone to their own dimension and remove vehicles temporarily was because we disappeared from server browser at about 950 players and for anyone wondering about network usage. Well... we use around 100mbps at 600 players so that means that 428 players were creating an extreme amount of lag and the only solution was to eliminate vehicle sync and puresync.

I sure am glad we'll never have to see that many players again.

Jaysds1 we could probably handle 2000 players only if we had a gigabit (we've only got 100mbit) connection but then it would probably start straining the players themselves rather than the server.

I'm suprised we didn't get DRDoS'd like normally, or it crashed before the peak, we've had 2 crashes today :/

Many congratulations guys!

I think many of us vets remember the days when we could only dream of achieving 10-15 players per server. Now it is astonishing to see so many records being broke. Servers like yours are a credit to this community - lets hope many more follow and continue to make us bigger day by day.

I think many of us vets remember the days when we could only dream of achieving 10-15 players per server. Now it is astonishing to see so many records being broke. Servers like yours are a credit to this community - lets hope many more follow and continue to make us bigger day by day.

The day we hit the 1000 gamers marker will be a day of big celebration. And that day will come!

Indeed a suped up 32-36 player server in 0.5 was pretty much the best you could get. Times a changin

no 36 player servers in 0.5

26 max for vc, 32 for gta3mta

GET IT RIGHT

clearly you didn't see the KFC server noobs

The day we hit the 1000 gamers marker will be a day of big celebration. And that day will come!

Why someone doesn't update the story on the link which Towncivilian provided ?