crapiest computer

well according to the topic i fink i come mighty close to the crappiest computer here. but i have 2 of em so i guess they cancel each other out :P

1st comp 800mhz AMD Duron, 384mb sdram (yup none of that cool ddr stuff

), 20gb hhd (low speed), GeForce 4 mx 440. But hey it runs gta vc and war3 so im happy :D

2nd comp 600mhz pentium 3, 320mb ram, 8 mb vid card and 10gb hdd. and its a laptop. used as my mp3 / leaching / internet / work comp most of the time. and it plays war3 on low graphics so i can play lan ne time i want :D

well there ya go. maby i should splearge a bit and get a quad-digit processor

I used to run a 650AMD, 2x6gb HD, 256mb sdr, tnt2m64 not too long ago... and my work box is a dual p3/500 :) I have computers all over the place, just becuase they're ancient doesn't take away from their usefulness.

When I want to play old games for example I have a P/120 waiting for me.

Also have two or three 233's doing some work for me.

I used to have 5 486's networked but no need for those anymore.

Misc parts everywhere, never know when I might need to use them, even though I always buy replacements even if one of those is available. Its not lack of trust in the equipment, its lack of usefulness for 1980's hardware.

I dont know... :/

And processors aren't hard to keep up on - 'cept you need to learn new geeky acronyms such as PNI, HT, DCDDR, MS, ....MS, QBM, SATA, GODIE and other nice things.

Prescott will have "HTT Marketing Technology," as thats all it really is - a marketing ploy.

And its not "manufacturers including it," it is something completely new AMD has introduced. Normally it follows Intel and plays it safe, but now they're betting the company on this... and its a really good idea. It has its drawbacks, but its advantages well outweigh them.

is this a crapy or fair computer2200+ 1.8 ghz 80gb hard drive intergrated prosavage ddr km66 graphics 512 memory

Trust me... the rabbit hole goes alot deeper than that...

try 128MB memory. Nothing else matters then. Your computer will suck no matter what.

is this a crapy or fair computer2200+ 1.8 ghz 80gb hard drive intergrated prosavage ddr km66 graphics 512 memory

Trust me... the rabbit hole goes alot deeper than that...

try 128MB memory. Nothing else matters then. Your computer will suck no matter what.

I run an old gamer with 32mb RAM, thats plenty enough for what it does ;)

Running XP on a newer machine, though, that may be an issue. Try Gentoo... my friends box has about 15mb ram in use at boot, so hey, wanna talk about some efficient memory management? :)