Problem with playing

I just got VC for pc today and it runs fine as normal. I downloaded MTA v 0.2 from the site and installed it. Downloaded ASE and installed it and i saw a load of channels for GTA:VC and i clicked to connect. Connected all fine, pressed Start Game, loaded up fine, then when playing the game near enough ALL THE TIME it says "Disconnected from Server" or sometimes it will just crash. Im running Windows ME. its really annoying. And when playing for 5 seconds i dont see anyone moving i just see peoples car's hanging vertical and all over the place. it gets my so annoyed.

my friend has that problem all the time and he called his isp and they told him to do something which fixed it, ill try and find out what it was otherwise you should call your internet provider and ask them about it, also check that you have a firewall, or that norten security program, i know that these can sometimes stuff this sort of stuff up

Ok first MTA isnt WIN 9* or ME compatible (yet),second it isnt anything to do with your isp,it could be firewall router etcetc , you figure out how to work with your firewall, but your main problem is WIN ME .And yes the only way to play now is by upgrading to WIN 2k or WIN XP.

Well like i said it isnt compatible i didnt say it wont work(dont ask me how ,i dunno), i know people that made it work on them but you might have more problems then us that are running xp or 2k, and it might be your conection do yoiu have 56 k? iff so then it may lag more for you then for the ones that have cable or dsl.

Im on 512kb ADSL. Im going to be getting XP to upgrade. Although i want 2k its alot more expensive.

why 2k? if youre a gamer id stay away :wink: but thats just from my experience

2k Pro is the same amount of $$ as XP Pro, I dont see how it is "so much more."

For gaming, 2K Pro is just fine - less memory usage than XP. But then again, its too much memory usage for me, thank Microsoft.

Hello, Gentoo... :) Game developers need to be aware not only Microsoft exists... ah well :/

2k Pro is the same amount of $$ as XP Pro, I dont see how it is "so much more."

For gaming, 2K Pro is just fine - less memory usage than XP. But then again, its too much memory usage for me, thank Microsoft.

Hello, Gentoo... :) Game developers need to be aware not only Microsoft exists... ah well :/

Yes, sir! Gentoo all the way!

Yes, sir! Gentoo all the way!

Hell yeah :) Recently converted a friend :) though his AIM away messages are always in the default AIM for windows, he says "I have work that I can do only in Windows" ... grr, he has to stop getting used to using dreamweaver and IE and learn to live with superior tools :)

but now he wants to install and use XP... *sigh* he says he doesn't need a "superior operating system" to do his work :P:/