[Rel]countdown-sound for race

FTFMTA

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, but that is really nothing that special. In fact you've used the hard way to add 3-2-1-go sound files to the race resource. You can also use your own sound files with the default race resource just by editing 4 lines in the race_server.lua file.

this ones?

g_RaceStartCountdown = Countdown.create(6, launchRace) 
g_RaceStartCountdown:useImages('img/countdown_%d.png', 474, 204) 
g_RaceStartCountdown:enableFade(true) 
g_RaceStartCountdown:addClientHook(3, 'playSoundFrontEnd', 44) 
g_RaceStartCountdown:addClientHook(2, 'playSoundFrontEnd', 44) 
g_RaceStartCountdown:addClientHook(1, 'playSoundFrontEnd', 44) 
g_RaceStartCountdown:addClientHook(0, 'playSoundFrontEnd', 45) 

ye, and btw where're located the default gta sounds?

the problem with this script is that it doesn't turn off or replace the dafault mta sounds which means either the default countdown and the custom one(this one) are played at the same time. this really hurts my eardrums.

You can download a tool to "extract" the sound files from GTASA.

if this tool also allows me to replace the default sounds then it will do. but first, i need to know the location of the default mta sounds.

In the race mode, there are sounds. Delete them, put yours, add to meta.xml and change your race mode to play your sounds.

again, there're no audio files in the race mode folder. with the only 1 exeption. the "audio" folder has a file called "mission_accomplished.mp3", but this is not what im looking for. if you don't trust me, fine check it for yourself: https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p= ... ails&id=35 this is the default race mode.