RP server owners, start caring about your players!

Moby Prick

Question

Hey guys,

I'm new to these forums. I'm kind of into roleplay but I have been noticing a lot of server owners and administration dont care about their servers! That's such a shame. I mean, the reason you should create a roleplay server is if you have an ideal, and you want to provide your players with the best roleplay experience as possible. Ofcourse you can have fun yourself while doing it. But you need to really care about your players.

An example: VG, the current market leader does not need to care about their players, because they have such a big playerbase. But this is causing discontentment.

Another example: A lot of splinter server (5-10 people servers) have owners that rarely show themselves or that rarely do anything. What exactly are you doing apart from keeping 5-10 people away from a potentially awesome server?

I have gotten this information through skype. But I know some servers are good for their players. Look at Odysseyroleplay. They have some awesome server owners who really try to be there for the players. Another example is AceMTA, and Arsenic. Last I heard they recently merged... along with Twingold.

But then you have some other servers, like Grimz or ShoDown who seem to have an utter disregard for the players. Here are some logs I got from a friend on skype:

2012-03-18 17:01:21 Msg From (9) Alvaro Jefferson: I am not interested in mta

Alfaro is the OWNER of ShoDown. Apperently he does not care.

Another example from the same conversation:

2012-03-18 16:53:59 Msg Sent to (9) Alvaro Jefferson: Have a good server, with a huge playerbase

2012-03-18 16:54:01 Msg Sent to (9) Alvaro Jefferson: Good admins

2012-03-18 16:54:04 Msg Sent to (9) Alvaro Jefferson: good script

2012-03-18 16:54:15 Msg Sent to (9) Alvaro Jefferson: That's what you want correct?

2012-03-18 16:54:43 Msg From (9) Alvaro Jefferson: If you want that then just go and start a server

2012-03-18 17:05:04 Msg Sent to (9) Alvaro Jefferson: So if you dont want that, you dont want what's best for your server

2012-03-18 17:05:17 Msg From (9) Alvaro Jefferson: What will I get if my server has 100

2012-03-18 17:05:20 Msg From (9) Alvaro Jefferson: nothing..a

2012-03-18 17:05:24 Msg From (9) Alvaro Jefferson: waste of time

As you can see, the owner of SG has an utter disregard for his players. The purpose of his server is unkown to me. But dont you guys think its weird? Should'nt a server owner care about their server and their players? Strive for a growing playerbase, to teach noobs. Provide fun and quality roleplay?

Another example is Grimz. The owner reacted pretty much the same as Alvaro.

But also VG, anyone ever noticed how the admins bark at players? Like they're nothing. When do people start caring about the players?

I just wanted to forward this to get attention to the case. Hear your opinions. I would love to hear some feedback from server owners to. Do you believe its important to care about your server and players? Or is it just important to make money with donations?

-

Sincerely,

Moby Prick.

(p.S; no flame in this thread PLEASE, its not about that. I just want a mature sharing of opinions. Its not my intention to advertise any servers.)

Surprisingly enough, you're more a flamer than "I am", I actually don't intend to flame, merely to discuss. You came here, calling everyone childrens, using caps, huge fonts, simply implying that we're acting like bitches etc etc.. Plus, I didn't start this topic, I can assure you that.

And may I remind you, there is more than one topic regarding MTA servers around on this forum,

One is here:

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=35188

where you even participated in, without acting up.

And then,

viewforum.php?f=115

Hundreds here,

so I don't see a problem discussing a popular Gamemode (Roleplay) in MTA on the MTA Forums.