RP server owners, start caring about your players!

Moby Prick

Question

Hey guys,

I'm new to these forums. I'm kind of into roleplay but I have been noticing a lot of server owners and administration dont care about their servers! That's such a shame. I mean, the reason you should create a roleplay server is if you have an ideal, and you want to provide your players with the best roleplay experience as possible. Ofcourse you can have fun yourself while doing it. But you need to really care about your players.

An example: VG, the current market leader does not need to care about their players, because they have such a big playerbase. But this is causing discontentment.

Another example: A lot of splinter server (5-10 people servers) have owners that rarely show themselves or that rarely do anything. What exactly are you doing apart from keeping 5-10 people away from a potentially awesome server?

I have gotten this information through skype. But I know some servers are good for their players. Look at Odysseyroleplay. They have some awesome server owners who really try to be there for the players. Another example is AceMTA, and Arsenic. Last I heard they recently merged... along with Twingold.

But then you have some other servers, like Grimz or ShoDown who seem to have an utter disregard for the players. Here are some logs I got from a friend on skype:

2012-03-18 17:01:21 Msg From (9) Alvaro Jefferson: I am not interested in mta

Alfaro is the OWNER of ShoDown. Apperently he does not care.

Another example from the same conversation:

2012-03-18 16:53:59 Msg Sent to (9) Alvaro Jefferson: Have a good server, with a huge playerbase

2012-03-18 16:54:01 Msg Sent to (9) Alvaro Jefferson: Good admins

2012-03-18 16:54:04 Msg Sent to (9) Alvaro Jefferson: good script

2012-03-18 16:54:15 Msg Sent to (9) Alvaro Jefferson: That's what you want correct?

2012-03-18 16:54:43 Msg From (9) Alvaro Jefferson: If you want that then just go and start a server

2012-03-18 17:05:04 Msg Sent to (9) Alvaro Jefferson: So if you dont want that, you dont want what's best for your server

2012-03-18 17:05:17 Msg From (9) Alvaro Jefferson: What will I get if my server has 100

2012-03-18 17:05:20 Msg From (9) Alvaro Jefferson: nothing..a

2012-03-18 17:05:24 Msg From (9) Alvaro Jefferson: waste of time

As you can see, the owner of SG has an utter disregard for his players. The purpose of his server is unkown to me. But dont you guys think its weird? Should'nt a server owner care about their server and their players? Strive for a growing playerbase, to teach noobs. Provide fun and quality roleplay?

Another example is Grimz. The owner reacted pretty much the same as Alvaro.

But also VG, anyone ever noticed how the admins bark at players? Like they're nothing. When do people start caring about the players?

I just wanted to forward this to get attention to the case. Hear your opinions. I would love to hear some feedback from server owners to. Do you believe its important to care about your server and players? Or is it just important to make money with donations?

-

Sincerely,

Moby Prick.

(p.S; no flame in this thread PLEASE, its not about that. I just want a mature sharing of opinions. Its not my intention to advertise any servers.)

You are so, right, lots of servers mostly care about the money, but they don't give the sub-admits nothing...

I only know one person who cares about MTA and is a top donater of MTA.

Right now, I'm making a server based on all types of gamemodes.

If you check my forums, I have a suggestion forum where they can suggest anything.

I don't agree here, I know a few RP owners that do care (myself included) and its not really the staff as much as the players. Daily I got

"player joined"

Player: Hey

Me: Hey welcome anything I can help you with?

Player: I want admin now, or I'll dos your server

Me: Well you can always apply on our forums to become a staff member we will review it soon and take it from there

Player: No now

Me: Sorry can't help you is there anything else I can do for you?

Player has left the server

NETWORK TROUBLE

I blame them instead of seeing what I can do? Did you read my post...

Me: Hey welcome anything I can help you with?

Player: I want admin now, or I'll dos your server

Me: Well you can always apply on our forums to become a staff member we will review it soon and take it from there

SO your saying I should give everyone admin rights that ask for it? Wow you truly are an innovative member of this community without you I don't think any issue would get resolved. :roll:

I'm not saying that,I am saying however that you need to find a more user-friendly way of cooping with those problems. And stop seeing players as admin-status hungry annoying little twats.

The only more user-friendly way is banning that prick and blocking his ip.

People like that are just too stubborn to talk into, trust me i've tried numerous times, it is very hopeless.

I'm not saying that,I am saying however that you need to find a more user-friendly way of cooping with those problems. And stop seeing players as admin-status hungry annoying little twats.

People like that are just too stubborn to talk into, trust me i've tried numerous times, it is very hopeless.

I was not talking about those players anyways. I'm talking about the players who are there to have fun. Try focussing on them for a second. All I have heard from server owners posting here is: me me me me me me me. Omg leading a server is so hard for ME because those players make it hard on ME.

Yes its hard, its why you're a server owner. But try focussing on the positive players instead!

A good server owners responds would be:

Yes you're right. Sometimes the player is just incooperable, but mostly I try to focuss on the good players, and its truelly my personal mission to make this as fun to you guys as I can!

Every server owner does care about their good players... They keep the server going on their own dime and make features the players want. But this thread is going off course I just think moby prick doesn't want to look like a fool by saying different things.

Bottom line most server owners care about players but a good 85-90% of MTAs playerbase are power hungry nooblets. The good players ARE cared for they are usually the servers admins or faction leaders. Trust me I ran a mta rp server and if they don't have power they will usually leave.

This thread can be closed

I was not talking about those players anyways. I'm talking about the players who are there to have fun. Try focussing on them for a second. All I have heard from server owners posting here is: me me me me me me me. Omg leading a server is so hard for ME because those players make it hard on ME.

Yes its hard, its why you're a server owner. But try focussing on the positive players instead!

A good server owners responds would be:

Yes you're right. Sometimes the player is just incooperable, but mostly I try to focuss on the good players, and its truelly my personal mission to make this as fun to you guys as I can!

Have you been reading all of this? i believe not.

As i said, it is more user-friendly to ban someone who is a pain in the ass and does not comply with any of the owners' demands.

Of course an owner cares about the other players who do care about the server and are not there to get admin rights and screw everything up.

But it's more of common sense to know that a server owner cares about the normal players, and nobody is perfect so there is no such thing as owners wiht personal missions to make the server the perfect place in the world.

And i dont know what you are reading but i dont believe that any of the people who posted in this thread are people who say: "OMG Leading a server is so hard for ME because those players make it hard on ME", you clearly have bad experiences with server owners, because there are not many who are like that.

so you're basically saying people make servers for owner status?

Everyone who has a server tries to improve, all the time, in other words, perfect a thing and another. If not, the server would be a flat tire instead of a rolling one. The majority of server owners have that "mission" to perfect his/her server, if not, better close it down. The server would completely fail.

And since we're talking roleplay servers here,

ShoDown are crashing every fifth second or so. The owner's solution was to create a command, giving the player 2,5k by using it after the crash. Their economy is fucked up and that command sure doesn't help. They also added another command that teleports your vehicle or something like that. Since this topic is about RP servers, why not do throw ShoDown in the garbage? It is slowly turning out to be a fail RPG server, but mostly better than any RPG server as every RPG server is DM. Minus the server crashes and the Owner's stubborn attitude, they could easily increase their quality and most people would probably join ShoDown instead of other RPG servers if they just changed their name: "ShoDown Light RP / RPG".

Grimz,

I have actually never been online here, due to the fact that I have to download freaking 170+ MB of resources. So I wouldn't know anything about it, I couldn't care less though, I've heard it's less moderated & organized than ShoDown.

aero, your server, Asylum, is known for it's corruption. Your scripts are shared all over the internet, due to corruption. Plus the constant admin abuse, (based on your server thread), though you seemed to take care of that rather quickly.

Valhalla, no, just no, I can't stand their Admin's ragekid attitude. They threatened me because I broke a single rule, and yes, I mean THREATEN.

Arsenic, as mentioned above, is probably the only server you'll find a good mix of Roleplay & Friendly-ness. They only lack playerbase, hopefully that will improve, because many out there are stuck in a loop, constantly switching between these servers. So far, neither of them can satisfy me due to the fact that the small, friendly servers lacks playerbase or roleplay.

Hopefully someone will take Valhalla's place, I don't really care what server it is, they just need to keep their friendly faces up while speaking to the players whom actually ARE the server itself.

Convince a stunning amount of players, let's say 150, to logout from Valhalla on a Saturday, the outcome would be shocking for all of us.

aero, your server, Asylum, is known for it's corruption. Your scripts are shared all over the internet, due to corruption. Plus the constant admin abuse, (based on your server thread), though you seemed to take care of that rather quickly.

If you'd get your facts right you would know i'm no longer a part of the MTA section, and i havent been for over 3 months, and even though the scripts are shared, they are very old and outdated, scattered and filled with backdoors that i put in myself :)

If you like bashing MTA servers, be my guest, but at least get the facts right for the love of god.

Trust me, I had no intention of bashing any server but Grimz, ShoDown & Valhalla. I never had the chance to log on Asylum, so I wouldn't know whether it was good or bad.

Agreed, and our abusive admins were players who tried acting committed and loyal to the server and 9/10 stab our community in the back.

Oh yes, this is infact common for servers with low playerbase. As the Admins gets bored aswell as the Players due to the lack of players, they have no intention of staying. Therefore they mess around before they leave, sadly :?

Best thing to do to prevent this is to invite a whole package of players at once, reaching 100 players within a night. But I doubt that will never happen, :(. People are too used to their stats on other servers. Most will stick to their current servers till they get banned or quit MTA.

Oh yes, this is infact common for servers with low playerbase. As the Admins gets bored aswell as the Players due to the lack of players, they have no intention of staying. Therefore they mess around before they leave, sadly :?

Best thing to do to prevent this is to invite a whole package of players at once, reaching 100 players within a night. But I doubt that will never happen, :(. People are too used to their stats on other servers. Most will stick to their current servers till they get banned or quit MTA.

Yeah haha you know how it is, newer RP servers dont get a lot of players because of their other stats in other servers.

and @Jaysds1, we are still on topic everyone is talking about RP servers... except you :lol::lol::lol:

ATTENTION CHILDREN

Firstly, I would like for the majority of you to go and grab one of these, and clear the sand out of your vagina with it.

Secondly, the fact that your demanding something out of a server owner shows just how immature you are. It is their server, not yours (what are you, a communist?). They have no obligation to please you/ If you don't like the way they run their server, then leave. If you think your ideas are so gracefull and holy, go open your own server (SPOILER: it'll fail).

Thirdly, I think you've all forgotten something:

IT'S JUST A BLOODY GAME.

It's not something to worth getting sand in your vagina over. Go outside or something.

OK, YOU GUYZ ARE SOOOO OFF-TOPIC...

MOD, CLOSE THIS AND SEND THIS TO THE TRASH :)

(NO SERIOUSLY)

Not off-topic, it's actually a decent discussion without any kind of insults/polemical acts, also, don't reply in caps, please.

About the topic:

ATTENTION CHILDREN

Firstly, I would like for the majority of you to go and grab one of these, and clear the sand out of your vagina with it.

Secondly, the fact that your demanding something out of a server owner shows just how immature you are. It is their server, not yours (what are you, a communist?). They have no obligation to please you/ If you don't like the way they run their server, then leave. If you think your ideas are so gracefull and holy, go open your own server (SPOILER: it'll fail).

IT'S JUST A BLOODY GAME.

It's not something to worth getting sand in your vagina over. Go outside or something.

As I said before, the topic was going fine enough; please don't fall in insults because that's what makes MTA worse, if you aren't a immature kid you should know it's their life, they do whatever they want :).

ATTENTION CHILDREN

IT'S JUST A BLOODY GAME.

Firstly,

Of course, they can do what the hell they want to do, and so can we, therefore, a topic was made, to discuss this subject. Actually, discussing a server's quality and how it's moderated is the same as questioning a shoe brand, nothing wrong with that. And if one of those owners from the servers mentioned earlier actually noticed this topic, they may improve, who knows?

Secondly,

I don't have a vagina.

Thirdly,

It is just a bloody game. But as I mentioned just now, shoe brand, is it something worth getting sand in your vagina over? Yes. We're human, and questioning a thing and another, including debate lays in our nature.

Last but not least,

This topic is not worth getting sand in your vagina over, John, relax.