Black screen issue while loading

Tsumetai

Question

After the server was on for like a few hours, the time it takes for the client to actually download the map can even go up to a few hours. It works well on a restart but then it starts going shitty again, even if no one enters the server. It can't be a bandwidth issue and no ticket on Mantis is helping me at all, seems like the MTA Devs don't even know what can be the issue as I've seen loads of people with the same problem as mine.

Anyone knows a fix for this?

23 answers to this question

I had this issue and upgraded to build 3898. It worked for about a day and the next day it had the exact same issue but connected after about 1-2 minutes as opposed to 5-10.

I'm running the Linux server, that can't be changed. Is this issue still being worked on or is it being considered as resolved?

I had this issue and upgraded to build 3898. It worked for about a day and the next day it had the exact same issue but connected after about 1-2 minutes as opposed to 5-10.

I'm running the Linux server, that can't be changed. Is this issue still being worked on or is it being considered as resolved?

Please provide server details so ccw can test stuff.

This is still not fixed.

This is one of the worst problems of MTA and it wasn't fixed yet? Our server was 5 days from launching but this damn problem came in. The server sends packets too fast and the packet loss gets higher and higher every hour, if it's a problem only in our server then can a MTA developer PLEASE come to it and try to fix it? We have this problem for one year, there are over 40 tickets on the mantis about it and yet no one cares, at all. We spend money, time and hours of our lives scripting and bugtesting the server to find out that this problem wasn't fixed in twenty nightlies?

This problem has been reported for months, why is NO ONE doing anything about it?

calm down, there's only 7 MTA Devs,

it's not like there's 20-30 Devs on this,

anyways, I'm not sure if they know what the issue is, and I bet you can't find the solution to this,

if no one can't find the solution to this and you and J.S. is the only ones having this issue, then it might be your server and/or your host/computer.

Try different was to fix this, think about networking or internet stuff, if your hosting your server from home, try shutting it down and restart your modem/router, then try starting the server again, the MTA devs don't look at this as a Major issue because you 2 are the only one having this issue.

It's not hosted from home, and we're not the only 2 having this issue. It is fixed for some people but not for all, and as I recall there were many, many servers that had this issue in the past. The host even says that there's a few others with this issue, yet they're on a 1GBit line and we've had this problem with other hosts as well. So it's not just us two and not just people on this host having this issue.

And the both of us realize there are only 7 devs but all this fancy stuff has been put in in the time that the issue has been going on and yet it's not fixed? So yeah I would say it's pretty important. And I'm getting sick and tired of having this problem that's been going on for I don't even remember how long. 6 months? 1 year? Pretty sure it started when 1.1 came out, and was promised to be fixed in 1.1.1, now it's nearly 1.3.1 and where's our fix? I know the server ran juuuuust fine on 1.0.5.

So I think we have a right to be frustrated, not angry but frustrated, because what we were promised has not been delivered on.

I'm not going to switch to 1.4, it's unstable and even if it does fix the issue nobody will download it to play and other issues will probably arise.

Anyway I found when I log on for a split second there is 4.2 billion packets in the resend buffer? With an MTU of 1264 that's over 4.8 terabytes of non-existant data, so this has to be an MTA related network issue..

http://puu.sh/FGHQ

We've found the cause of the network issue (big thanks to ccw), and it revealed an underlying issue with the object removal system which I assume will be fixed in the MTA code at some point.

To everyone who is still having this problem, though:

Do not, and I repeat, doooo notttt, put removeWorldModel in a repeating timer

That should get rid of your problems. That's all :mrgreen: