Hyperactive stream and unstream error

Enko

Question

Hi,

Well the thread title says it in a way I can best describe, I've seen this issue around for awhile and I never looked too deeply into it just assuming it was because of my game modifications not handling it or so, but after inspecting it I haven't really seen as to why.

The original size of the GTA 3 Image.

896 MB (940,064,768 bytes)

My current one.

913 MB (957,829,120 bytes)

I even had a couple friends check theirs;

993 MB (1,041,496,064 bytes)

964 MB (1 010 944 000 byte)

I'm use the 913mb gta3.img file, and i've used so for quite a while now only for it to go slightly up or down, but usually this is the highest it goes, I prefer to keep a vanilla feel yet add a bit more detail to things, but this keeps the overall size similar to the original. However I have friends that have way more modifications and I haven't encountered anyone that experience this problem.

More details on this error is that, in certain areas, usually around a certain portion of the map where on the server I play at there are a fair few cars and all that all over the place, looking at certain directions the streamer will just load in then unload in a rapid manner, this at over 60 fps causes it to really spam in and out, almost like it's every frame or to it loads then the next frame or two it unloads in a repetative manner. I can sort of fix it as it happens by turning my camera away then back again several times and it either makes it worse or better.

General hotspots for this are almost always facing north, or the northen 180 degrees in the Idlewood area and around Ganton area east of Idlewood.

Any help with this would be apreciated, after I learned that people with much larger filesize objects to stream in are not getting this problem.

Thanks.

1 answer to this question