• MTA Team

More than a month ago i already stated that 0.3 is done when it is done, now i hear people complaining we can't make our release date. We hate that as much as u guys do, even more because we can't make it and have to let every1 down

after the rush for 0.2 we said : no more release dates . Now u are complaining because we delayed the release. The problem when u are developing something is that u can not set a release date. At a certain moment the progress can go verry fast and it seems like u are only minutes away of completion, and at that very moment u find that there is something wrong, that somethings screws everything up!. Everyone wha has ever programmed something (a program, website or even a macro) has had these momets. don't be angry at us, we can't help it. The dates we give are estimates.

A little history of 0.3b

A release estimate was made more than a month ago : IJsVogels shuttle blew up and the release was delayed. Ijs his work couldn't be done, but the rest of the team continued, and when there piece of the puzzel was done, they moved on. Now IJs is working hard but the puzzle has become bigger, there are more features, so it takes longer.

Last week, on thuesday i believe we said the release date for friday. There was a miner setback which delayed that, we can release tommorow, but it will be as bugga and laggy as hell, and every1 is gonna complain it doesn't work, now what do all u guys want : a working mod next week, or a mod that doesn't work tomorow?

Now all of u say : let's go to ggm, but BarnA doesn't know when his new versions comes out, could be next week, or next month so u can go today and when we release 0.3b, u will all crawl back to us saying : we were wrong, sorry we doubted, may we please have the beta, we promise we won't do it again.

We adults now this as the child syndrom!

from now on, we won't give any release dates anymore for upcoming versions, maybe we can give u some carefull estimates but we don't know that yet. from now on you'll have to wait and see. That is the best for every1, and for those of u who don't agree : try to develop ur own MP mod for GTA3, we'll see how fast that goes!

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep posting lots of screenies though :D

This not-saying-release-dates reminds me a lot of Black and White 2's schedule. It's done when it's done.

I'd like to say to you guys that you're doing the smartest thing possible.

I doesn't interest me anymore if it get's released or not

GGM i like that one very much never get trouble

it never crashed my computer or gta3 i let the cars explode there is

nothing wrong then so i stick with GGM, so for me is this History!

Bye Bye GTA3: Multi Theft Auto

maybe i look when there is a version so the multiplayer menu is in gta3

but for then i play with GGm very much fun and no problems

but if i start a server it's not in the list of GGM server i use it as private

so bye

you say that we will come back when the 0.3 will be here, but...you know you must be quick as gta4 is nammed crime online!

It s not personnal...stricly business,when I look at the GGm and the MTA I see clearly what is the best version...

but maybe things will change and your 0.3 will be better, in this case in will be the first to congratulate you...life is business,I m ridin' in the winner' s side...

But the stuff that know it become a little personnal it s that you delete the topic when you said the release and the one where you tell that the release is delayed...Cuz the ones who don t recongnize them faults aren' t mens....and I hate biatch

I don't think anyone realizes how hard it is to work on a project. I installed a small mod on a Freelancer server awhile ago, it took me about 4 hours to get it working right after there were errors. Now, listen here, small mod. These guys are working hard to make a multiplayer mod with some left over code. They've gone out of their way to make this mod a reality.

So lets see what they've done:

Created the first possible MP mod

Lets see what you've done:

Played the mod, liked it.

Bitched about a new version.

Wow, you've done alot. You know the capabilities of both codes (GGM and MTA) and of course, MTA is putting alot of features on the line, making those who follow it more anxious. Patience is a virtue, one half of you people don't have it. Next up, GGM is also newer then MTA, and has been said that has been in a much longer devolpment then MTA, which points out that more time has gone into GGM that you don't realize. While you've been with MTA, you've actually watched the devolpment, where GGM just appeared out of nowhere in your perspective. Now stop your bitching and wait.

you say thta we bitch about it...did you ever see the comments from every single post, after the 0.2 came out...it went something like this

"mta your the best"

"wow good job"

"keep it up"

"blah blah blah"

all these good compliments ...but when someone says there gonna do something ....and everyone planned for it and stuff....and it dousn't happen...it jus breaks our hearts....

i really apretiacte all the work anf effort the mta put in this project...but when you say thta "we" which is preferring to me...i get really ticked off

I doesn't interest me anymore if it get's released or not

GGM i like that one very much never get trouble

it never crashed my computer or gta3 i let the cars explode there is

nothing wrong then so i stick with GGM, so for me is this History!

Bye Bye GTA3: Multi Theft Auto

maybe i look when there is a version so the multiplayer menu is in gta3

but for then i play with GGm very much fun and no problems

but if i start a server it's not in the list of GGM server i use it as private

so bye

ggm never crashed my computer yeah I'll aggree, but It DID crash my gta3!!! I had to reinstall the damn thing!!!

i registered to this board JUST to fucking teach you a lesson newbinator.

your obviously some immature 12 year old who doesnt know SHIT about anything. someone shut this kid up so he doesnt piss people like me off.

I too, am very disappointed to see some MTA 'fans' behave the way they do, now that the release date has been delayed. I say: how dare you to expect someone you dont even know, to do things for you, for free AND within a certain time? I can not believe the ignorance some people display here. It is truly shameful.

What I was trying to say in my other topic was that people need to stop crying and calling the devs "F**k faces" for not releasing on time. This is why it would almost be better to go to a closed beta.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean a 10 or 15 person beta, I just mean one where community members who arn't Jerks to the devs can help you along with the process.

I guess if you guys can handle this ridiclous brow beating you receive from some of the ungreatful members of this community then I just have to say "Its your hard work they bash". But it really really pisses me off to see people go off on devs who are doing hard work.

Its like the quote:

We are the willing, led by the qualfied, doing the impossible for the ungreatful.

As a programmer of 5 different languages I know exactly what you are talking about when you say "things look good, and then the bug shows up"(that was just a paraphrase). I really don't mind that it is delayed, and I like that you won't just be releasing it with just a half ass job. I find it admirable that you want to release a quality piece of work. I know I would!

To the above poster: In case you didn't read the whole first post (which you probably didn't) it says that it will be about a week late, so I would say sometime between next friday, and the monday after that.

Don´t let the untaught bother you!!

You guys are really doing a really awesome thing ,

you´re GODLIKE....

8)

so keep on doing this premium piece of modding,and

if it takes more time ...TAKE IT !!

I LOVE YOUR WORK!