Gang Headquarters Map (opening post has image)

Cerbera

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zircon, you need hosting help?

the no teleport/spawn point rule is getting in the way of a lot of cool spots to own, but it's there for a reason. i seem to remember a lot of gangs wanting the army base, but 1 of the damn vigilante spawns is there!

heres a few suggestion vcp:

back of cherry poppers

marina

cafe robina roof

cortez ship

washington mall

studio

the jewelers

the docked cargo ship with only 1 plank going to it near the marina

No... my host has some occasional downtimes (which usually last a while), but as far as the amount of bandwidth and space I receive, I think I'm fine. I'm very grateful to vicecitymods.de which gave me that package for free...

As far as the teleport/texuture loading locations go... I really can't see why some people think it's unfair, anyway. It takes away many of the good locations on the map. Textures loading slow? Get a better computer. Think the teleport spots shouldn't be used? It only switches screens within a split second, so what's the problem? :o

If the base is a spawn point and is used during a gang war, shouldn't it be the leader's responsibility to ensure that no one respawns? They could just as easily spawn somewhere else and go to the base, anyway.

I have no problem adding any of these locations to the map if anyone wants them. It should be the other gang's decision in a match if they want to attack it or not.

Links updated. Thansk for taking charge of this Zircon

The no load point bases rule was agreed because the defenders know EXACTLY where attackers are going to appear. If timed correctly a grenade or molotov from a couple of people and the attackers have no chance. Not to mention parking vehicles there to trap the incoming.

The no spawn areas was to prevet difficulties in formats other than the 'all spawn then rendevous before match starts' matches. 30 minute team script matches using bases for instance.

NOTE: There will be some overhauling to do upon the release of 0.4. I've altered a few of the spawn locations.

Thanks for updating the links Bump. :)

I do see the downsides. As Cerbera stated, it's generally a bad idea to choose those locations. If anyone wants them, then I'll warn them about it (as they're generally not appreciated in matches), but if they insist then I'll add them to the map. Agreed? =)

We need to claim a new base as the teleport at the offices has been deemed illegal for the last unofficial tourney, as I'm sure it will when the next official comes around. Anyways, the other gangs look at it as unfair and dishonorable.

SO...

For now I'm claiming the construction yard across the street from ULK's base as the VCP base (ironic, huh?).

Cortez's boat, eh? :lol: How exactly do you defend that, and you do have to go by chopper to get there, right? Whatever...

Ransom: That's a fine place to defend, but highly susceptible to chopper attacks nonetheless if they're allowed in a match.

I've updated the map.

• 2 weeks later...
Hm... and no examples of your work, you two? ;P

gang_headquarters_small.gif

1024x1024 Version

Here's an updated gang headquarters map. I left some off that I'm not too sure of, but it's a start. At least I removed those that were months inactive which CerberA failed to do...

Bump, you can link to my (:P) image if you'd like. I can keep track of all new requests of HQ relocations/additions. It's fairly easily update the map with Photoshop.

Good on you BZ, you edited the opening post precisely as I hoped the new operator would if one was required. Bravo for removing all those disbanded gangs too; I kept them all on just because I was slowly becoming less active in MTAVC and couldn't keep track reliably.

I changed your name to be a PM link, as your details obviously aren't located below the opening post as I made it.

I'm still banned from my home PC (this internet cafe charges a damn fortune) so I can't resume responsibility for this thread. To be frank, BZ is better suited to doing it from what I've been reading as he has the time to check which gangs are actually still around and which are not.

You can find details about the most recent events in my PC ban here.

• 2 weeks later...

i was talking with ron today, and we both agree. there needs to be some rules set down as far as what bases you can use. and this is more then just warp points

there are a couple of bases in vice city that are inpenatrable almost. no matter how you look at them

take the sea shack for example. you HAVE to land a heli there and any good team with m60s will eat you for breakfest before you even have a chance

there are also some "bases" around vice city that are mearly isolated towers that helis can barely reach. i think that a rule should be if you cant reach it by foot somehow easily then it is not a legal base.

next thing you know people will be trying to use underwater areas as thier "base"

this is ultra lame and should be made illegal. and i think everyone would agree to that

'Bases' in matches have to be accessible by foot , first and foremost.

If you choose to go in by other means,fair enough.

We at VCES have our official 'Home Base' at Cortez's Boat.

It is wonderful from a defensive point of view.

But we will never use it in a match,nor will we even try and attack an opposing clan if the Base cannot be reached by foot.

Were pitting clans against eachother,people need to fight :shock:

You cant achieve this by sitting in the middle of the sea :roll:

I mean WTF,do i have to Recruit Moses :?:

Were pitting clans against eachother,people need to fight :shock:

You cant achieve this by sitting in the middle of the sea :roll:

I mean WTF,do i have to Recruit Moses :?:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i brought up that "on foot" rule before, i think that it is a fair rule, you should only use it if you can walk there without using a vehicle.

ulk chose a great defendable position, (almost too good that's why I'm lobbying to have it blown up, heheh)

• 4 weeks later...
ok due to the new changes in 0.4 FKU's NEW base is the old robber spawn on prawn island :):):):):):):):):):):)):

bastard.. I was just about to do that...

I was just told that since we don't allow respawning we will try to keep the Swanko Casa... we just count kills anyway..

If not we will shop around.. but damn you quig and your faster brain

ok due to the new changes in 0.4 FKU's NEW base is the old robber spawn on prawn island :):):):):):):):):):):)

lol to funny...

i would have done that, but i know its weakness ;)

ok due to the new changes in 0.4 FKU's NEW base is the old robber spawn on prawn island :):):):):):):):):):):)

lol to funny...

i would have done that, but i know its weakness ;)

lol.. I guess I do to.. funny

OK assuming it's no longer a spawn point KFC claims the Army Base as it's new HQ...

If it is still a spawnpoint we still claim it.. for now I guess..

[edit]

I think I remember someone calling it long ago... I can't pull up the map but I will see about it later