Gang Headquarters Map (opening post has image)

Cerbera

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do u mean claim the drug factory, we own it, they have to try and take it from us, like wheel said, regardless of map, we own it, if vcx or whoever want it back they will have to fight for it. This is Grand Theft Auto after all, its all about stealing and stuff. Not happy fun do what the map says picnic time[/url]

What do u mean claim the drug factory, we own it, they have to try and take it from us, like wheel said, regardless of map, we own it, if vcx or whoever want it back they will have to fight for it. This is Grand Theft Auto after all, its all about stealing and stuff. Not happy fun do what the map says picnic time[/url]

For gang purposes Cerbera set up a map to claim as an official headquarters locations on a map. This was a first come first serve thing. If we are playing ffa and vcxs is online we will still hold down the factory it's up to them to beat us.

As far as Cerbera's map is concearned it's not ours until they either go away or lose it to us. This is only relevant in a gang war I guess and even then it's debateable who will defend what.

My point?

Just chill at the Marina Sands and send out for your drugs like the rest of us :lol:

The Evo thing was a pain in the arse to be honest. No-one was actually asked about the name change from PWA- brophy just did it off his own back, and then decided to disband (again without asking anyone) like two days later.

Pretty much all the PWA/EVO lot have regrouped to form the VCES- but if Brophy's past history is anything to go by we'll all be picking up the pieces of that clan soon too

[VCP]Deckard

lol omg cerb, uv really been outa mta for awhile if ur questioning if were a real gang :x
You aren't in the official gang list, so you aren't an official gang. :roll:
And that keeps us from holding territory? We were once an "official" MTA gang, but decided to part from the community and all events because of some problems with other gangs and the big shots here; they did not want us. While we were still connected to this community they were thinking about suspending us, anyway. If you were even around to see what happened, then you'd understand.

However, we're still a gang with 50+ members. We have two MTA servers, an IRC channel, a website, and are beta testers of GTAT 0.5 (and an official gang of that MP mod, at least). There are some gangs on your headquarters map that have none of that and aren't necessarily official either, or are incredibly inactive. If you'd like to put some proper reasoning into your posts before denying us territory, then please reply again.

lol omg cerb, uv really been outa mta for awhile if ur questioning if were a real gang :x
And that keeps us from holding territory? We were once an "official" MTA gang, but decided to part from the community and all events because of some problems with other gangs and the big shots here; they did not want us. While we were still connected to this community they were thinking about suspending us, anyway. If you were even around to see what happened, then you'd understand.

However, we're still a gang with 50+ members. We have two MTA servers, an IRC channel, a website, and are beta testers of GTAT 0.5 (and an official gang of that MP mod, at least). There are some gangs on your headquarters map that have none of that and aren't necessarily official either, or are incredibly inactive. If you'd like to put some proper reasoning into your posts before denying us territory, then please reply again.

I tend to only allow gangs who are listed to claim territory so that it prevents founders of gangs which have no members taking up land which other gangs would be more deserving of. There are over a dozen gangs listed on this map and there are regular requests from people to be added or to change thier position or name. It is unreasonable to expect me to scamper all round the internet trying to harvest enough information about a specific MTA gang to ensure they are actually a gang which has members. The official gang list thread is where all gangs which are stable and have more than 6 members list themselves, and maintain thier member list. A gang which can't be bothered to even do that isn't one which is likely to deserve territory imho.

Additionally, I created this thread with the idea that it would be used by gangs who organise team battles with each other, specifically with regards to the ladder tournament we run here. Gangs cannot enter that event unless they are officially listed and so giving them territory would take away a location which a legitimate, ladder-eligible gang could have taken.

I am not disputing any statistic about ULK other than them not being in the official list. Zircon, if your clan has "departed from the community and all events" then why would you need to claim territory here?

I tend to only allow gangs who are listed to claim territory so that it prevents founders of gangs which have no members taking up land which other gangs would be more deserving of. There are over a dozen gangs listed on this map and there are regular requests from people to be added or to change thier position or name. It is unreasonable to expect me to scamper all round the internet trying to harvest enough information about a specific MTA gang to ensure they are actually a gang which has members. The official gang list thread is where all gangs which are stable and have more than 6 members list themselves, and maintain thier member list. A gang which can't be bothered to even do that isn't one which is likely to deserve territory imho.

Additionally, I created this thread with the idea that it would be used by gangs who organise team battles with each other, specifically with regards to the ladder tournament we run here. Gangs cannot enter that event unless they are officially listed and so giving them territory would take away a location which a legitimate, ladder-eligible gang could have taken.

I am not disputing any statistic about ULK other than them not being in the official list. Zircon, if your clan has "departed from the community and all events" then why would you need to claim territory here?

It certainly sounds like you're disputing a statistic from your first paragraph. You don't need to "scamper all around the internet" just to find information about us. Try going to directly to our website listed in the links below and taking a look at a few of the sections - that may help you learn more about us. We're not a new gang with 6 members and a total bunch of newbies; if you think that's what our clan is comprised of, then you're badly mistaken, or otherwise misinformed.

As for organizing matches with other gangs, yes, that was our primary reason for deciding on a base and posting about it here. We don't go by the MTA official ladder - all gangwars fought with us are strictly unoffical and don't count as a loss or win for the other "official team" on the ladder. We simply post them in the league section on our website. However... you talk about "legitimate, ladder-eligible gangs." As far as I'm concerned, I have never seen VCT, [w*V], BDG, -E, or RR in-game before at all, and last I heard, VCPD has disbanded and [DRuG] is a cheating gang. So what you're saying is that even gangs of this kind may take bases as long as they call themselves official? You're beginning to make no sense.

We want a base so that other gangs will know where our territory is if they were to ever challenge us to an unofficial match, or in case another clan happens to claim it before we do.

I would recommend that you read the stickied post in our General board on ULK's forums if you're wondering why we left. We had our reasons, but this shouldn't exclude us from keeping a base. Again, we're not connected to the community in terms of the official ladder or other events, but we still play MTA and would like to reserve a piece of Vice City. It shouldn't matter if you're "official" or not.

Having to rummage through the links of registered members' signatures and then trawl the content on thier site to see if anything is relevant is precisely what scampering all round the internet is. Remember that I would have to do this with EVERY gang which applied if none of them registered in the official list.

As you said yourself, I would have to "Try going to directly to our website listed in the links below and taking a look at a few of the sections..." Additionally, I would have to keep checking back at your forum to ensure you were still together and hadn't changed name, or the format of your callsign tags. The whole point of the official gangs list is that all this information is readily available to everyone in that one location so that I can ensure this map is right up to date and contains no redundant information. :roll:

I made my reasons perfectly clear. If you don't think your gang suits this system then don't register in the official list and don't claim property. It's your decision entirely. If you decide not to register then it's just less work for me! :)

VCES base is cortez boat (get there via chopper)

Also to deckards thing, thats bull, u didnt know anything m8 cuz u was never around and thats why i abandoned the gang "CUZ NO ACTIVE MEMBERS LIKE U" also noticed when u was on a server with us, u didnt even talk to nobody on there :roll: there was only me, rocket and overkill that played for evo

Also btw it isnt my clan, i joined it

The Evo thing was a pain in the arse to be honest. No-one was actually asked about the name change from PWA- brophy just did it off his own back, and then decided to disband (again without asking anyone) like two days later.

Pretty much all the PWA/EVO lot have regrouped to form the VCES- but if Brophy's past history is anything to go by we'll all be picking up the pieces of that clan soon too

[VCP]Deckard

TSSK! you do it better then. i was actually the one who said to brophy that PWA/EVO was dead and that maybe it should 'stop being there'. I have been with PWA/EVO since the beginning i think, though without the nametag, but still with them. brophy did his part to keep it up, pwa failed after a very well period, we (mainly brophy) tried it again under the name EvO, it went all very good till people stopped showing up. sooooooo, that's why it stopped again.......so you are one of the MAIN causes it quit

VCES base is cortez boat (get there via chopper)

Also to deckards thing, thats bull, u didnt know anything m8 cuz u was never around and thats why i abandoned the gang "CUZ NO ACTIVE MEMBERS LIKE U" also noticed when u was on a server with us, u didnt even talk to nobody on there :roll: there was only me, rocket and overkill that played for evo

Also btw it isnt my clan, i joined it

Your listed in the official members list, so I've added you. Nice choice of location. You can get to the jeti by fast vehicle and if you get a few vehicles out there you can dump them in the water to act as a walkway to get onto the boat. Once on the boat, you are stranded without a really fast vehicle or a helicopter. Very isolated position to take...it's almost anti-competitive. You call, though. :?

I've updated the image.

Great ever since VCES moved in close to the KFC headquarters at the Marina Sans the property value is in the toilet.

With VCPD disbanded we really had the whole island to ourselves SSR is up north but they keep to themselves.

Now there are crack viles all over and my dog is pregnant. I hope that boat sinks so the KFC penisula is back in our loving hands. Wheelmn went over to borrow some sugar and got an 8ball of coke. I mean really this is uncalled for. I am going to complain to the HOA

well cerb since u wanna stick to ur ruleset go ahead and not put us on the image. im not up for a game of rules so go ahead and keep us off ur o so precious map.

l8r

Yeah, apparently Cerbera has his heart set not to add ULK to the map even though we just proved we're one of the most successful MTA clans out there. It's not that it matters if you won't add us to your precious map; we'll still take the construction site, and everybody knows that it's our territory by now, anyway. :roll:

Yeah, apparently Cerbera has his heart set not to add ULK to the map even though we just proved we're one of the most successful MTA clans out there. It's not that it matters if you won't add us to your precious map; we'll still take the construction site, and everybody knows that it's our territory by now, anyway. :roll:

ULK is not a MTA gang... remember? :)

(memory refresher here)

http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=5596&start=0

So technically, you aren't even eligible for a spot since your not actually an MTA gang.

We aren't official in terms of the ladder or events. I used the phrase "MTA clan" because we still play MTA a bit.

By now, I don't care if anyone thinks we're not eligible for a spot. Half of the gangs on that map shouldn't have gotten one either, but of course, if I suppose the only requirement is stating that you're "official," then you're therefore eligible, which makes no sense. Some of the gangs on there are inactive, cheating, or disbanded, and yet ours isn't even considered simply because we aren't involved in the ladder or events.

We aren't official in terms of the ladder or events. I used the phrase "MTA clan" because we still play MTA a bit.

By now, I don't care if anyone thinks we're not eligible for a spot. Half of the gangs on that map shouldn't have gotten one either, but of course, if I suppose the only requirement is stating that you're "official," then you're therefore eligible, which makes no sense. Some of the gangs on there are inactive, cheating, or disbanded, and yet ours isn't even considered simply because we aren't involved in the ladder or events.

It's as up to date as I can make it. Gangs who disband are supposed to say so in the official gangs list; if they havn't done that then how am I to know? As I've pointed out several times, I can't scamper all round the internet checking which gangs are doing what. This isn't the only thing I do; I'm currently buried under design projects for Myriad Islands, experimental handling setups for planes and amphibious vehicles in Vice, as well as re-writing the Invision 1.3 forum templates for a new skin which GTAForums.com will have. Oh, there's also Majera, London Vice, etc, etc. :roll:

All I've asked you to do is make an entry in the official gangs thread so that I can check that to ensure that the information on this map remains correct. It is YOUR decision whether or not to do that. However, if you don't actually play MTA:VC then claiming a property in this MTA:VC thread is unecessary. Claim the territory in the relevant thread created by whichever dedicated member of whichever multiplayer program you guys use is running. As you've clearly found a community so much better than this one there must be a sensational map image, done in Flash with zooming and panning ability and with dynamic gang lists updated from a centralised thread. Right? :wink:

Heh, I won't even bother to argue with you any further. I still think your rules are stupid.

However, ULK has undergone many changes today. TLK was dropped, all active members were promoted, and ULK has become a closed clan (with a few exceptions, of course). Another idea was that we could rejoin the MTA community and participate in events... so we did, and I posted all of ULK's new information in the appropiate places. That includes the Official Gang Memberlist thread.

Now, unless I'm mistaken... I've followed all of your guidelines, so if you would, add ULK to the map already. :x

My guidelines are not stupid. I see you've failed to understand the very simple reasons which I've given. Glad to see you've made the list now, wasn't that painful was it? :roll:

I've updated the image. I set your property as being the construction site, as requested. Hope I got the right one! :D

Say, this map is really starting to look quite populated. It's hard to visualise how many gangs there are until you see that image with all thier territories marked on. It's often been a nuisance having to amend the data to keep it up to date because of gangs that change thier names, or locations, but I'm glad I've stuck with it - it's been running since the start of October last year. 8)