Gang Headquarters Map (opening post has image)

Cerbera

MTA Gang Headquarters Listing

Pinned on: February 7th 2004

Topic Purpose

I've made this so that gang leaders can register ONE location in Vice City and/or ONE location per island in Liberty City to be their HQ. This is important for team games so that each gang will defend their own base and won't share it with any other gangs, it also means that when playing on public servers the whole team knows where they should re-group at. It can also be used for symbolic purposes; you don't necessarily have to use this base all the time in-game.

The Maps

I'll update this map as other gangs post the location they want as their own. I'll indicate who owns which property by putting their clan abbreviation by that property.

Vice City:

gang_headquarters_vc_small.gif

1024x1024 Version

Liberty City:

gang_headquarters_gta3.gif

Using This Thread

This thread is open to all, so say what you think about this idea, post what location your gang's HQ is at, and even suggest possible places that other gangs could use! :)

It is generally a bad idea to choose a location with a loading point for the interior. This is because the textures will often take a very long time to load in the heat of battle, putting you at a severe disadvantage because you won't be able to see where you are. Spawn points are also generally disallowed, so pick your base carefully.

Requirements

You will not be eligable if your gang does not have more than six members; this means that you must have a thread posted on these forums that shows your full roster. I will also remove gangs that have shown no activity in the community in over a month.

These maps are now being hosted and kept up to date by Blue Zircon.

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really good idea. Since i'm sure there are going to be disputes as to which gang holds what(way to jump on that mik :twisted: ), how will we determine who gets what in a dispute. I think that setting up a gang fight on a disputed territory would be a good idea. And will gangs have the possiblity of holding more than one territory(obviously this should be worked out later once gangs have determined their primary territory).

I only said that we have the mansion anney is because we have taken it and defended it on may occasions. I dont think that other gangs should mind. besides there are alot of other good places to have as an HQ for the other gangs. Phils is a pretty good place as is the junkyard. both have a great defensive capability. same as the houses on prawn island.

well considering it is already ours that means that you are gonna have to fight US for it :D and no that little stunt that you pulled last night doesnt makes it yours. :roll: besides you are cops, cops dont have turf they have beats.

lol damn i just wanted a chalenge, but i wonder what stunt ur talking about?

Let's just have it as first come first served for now? No need to complicate things so early on. Which means that VCK have gotten Vercetti Mansion...for now, at least. :wink:

However, themed gangs will have priority over properties which are of that theme. For example, police gangs will have priority over the police stations.

And there are SO MANY good places for hideouts. Most the properties with interiors work, such as Pole Position, Ocean View Hotel, North Point Mall, Hyman Stadium, etc etc. There's a whole load of brilliant warehouses in Vice Port, as well as that superb boathouse just north-west of 8-balls area. 8)

And I agree about not having spawn points as gang HQ's - too much possibility for spawn killing. Of course, with the police stations this isn't a problem because only the police gang will be spawning there.

Edited by Guest

anyway, a suggestion for the VCP is instead of haveing turf you have beats that cops patrol. I mean you guys are cops and in all technicality anywhere is your beat. have iggy redo his map showing what cops patrol where. set up teams of two, like ransom and starfox partol downtown or wherever

I would say you guys take the police HQ on the first island but I think that someone took that one. but the one in downtown has its charm with a heli, fbi rancher, and squad car. plus if you need to there is also the offices near the police station that you can also use.

I would say you guys take the police HQ on the first island but I think that someone took that one. but the one in downtown has its charm with a heli, fbi rancher, and squad car. plus if you need to there is also the offices near the police station that you can also use.

the offices, EXCELLENT IDEA. we claim the offices for our base. (hopefully anyways) 8)

the offices, EXCELLENT IDEA. we claim the offices for our base. (hopefully anyways) 8)

Gees, I think I'll just wait a couple of hours until this topic settles down, then I'll see who made thier final decision first. :roll:

At the moment, the only HQ's which have been claimed are the two on the map.

dont forget the police station! since you cops that should be yours too.

its right by the police station, so were staying pretty well within our theme and its hella easy to defend 8)

You could claim that they are government offices, or the offices for various vice city authorities. :wink:

It's yours, the image has been updated. You've got a neat landing pad for airlifting people in, it's also very exposed for attackers so using the nearby VCPD helicopter could prove a distinct tactical advantage. You cops don't get many rounds of ammo though and you don't get and molotovs or grenades - they are what you will be weak to.

The cop shotguns will be able to take down the people using the lift...is the window too high up to crash a helicopter through?