MTA NOT supporting windows 8 build 8250

looneylv

Question

Hi all!

So i installed for test purposes windows 8 consumer preview(build 8250) Installed GTA San Andreas and it is working fine, now installing MTA but when i try to run it this message apperas -

'The program can't start because pthreadVC2.sll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.'

I have tried to install it in w7 and xp compability mode but the same, also in administartor but the same msg... Tried also the newest 1.3 nightly but the same!

And also the program Multi theft auto.exe dosent close itself, so I need manually go into task manager and do 'end process'

8)PLEASE FIX AS WINDOWS 8 IS COMING 8)

10 answers to this question

:!: No shhh... Sherlock! You have gained a new medal! :!: JESUS I'M NOT DUMB! :!:

So what that it is an beta? I could understand if it was closed beta or alpha, but its open public beta(last beta b4 RC!) And the w8 code was available free for developers for 6months now to get their programs to work on w8 and to be supported and rdy for w8 prior to the final release! So that there would not be sad ppl because that programs dosent work on new released OS...

:wink: learn2bu2date and not2bcaveman :roll:

I've allready tested about 30 programs even programs that where made in far 2003, 2004 year's for xp and they work like they would work IN BETA OS, but modern app that updates a lot and is popular dosen't work on OS that will be soon available - It's just sad and this need's to be in MTA developers attention to fix this!!!

And that's why I've posted this in forums!

:roll: few? 1mil downloads in 24hours.... and not talking what will be in a week or month when there will come out even more stable build's... and A LOT of users like me like to play this simple internet game while in testing mod... :D

And its not that hard to adapt to w8.. right? :lol: Eventually they will need to do that! And better now to fix big bugs and be w8 stable reday than be full of bugs n'shh when final will be out...

Still few.

When it reaches 100,000 downloads it MAY be a problem. And from those 100,000 only 500 are playing MTA (at least that's what I can tell from aproximation). Not a big deal and not so important.

And its not that hard to adapt to w8.. right? :lol: Eventually they will need to do that! And better now to fix big bugs and be w8 stable reday than be full of bugs n'shh when final will be out...

If it's not so hard then why don't you release a patch.

Still few.

When it reaches 100,000 downloads it MAY be a problem. And from those 100,000 only 500 are playing MTA (at least that's what I can tell from aproximation). Not a big deal and not so important.

If it's not so hard then why don't you release a patch.

:arrow: But anyway they will need to make support... Better sooner than later! ;) and nothing much gonna change in Beta vs Final, the OS code is the same! So adding support is only a gain!

:wink: I don't get payed for that and im not in the mta dev team :roll:

:wink: I don't get payed for that and im not in the mta dev team :roll:

MTA Team don't get paid for that either. And you don't need to be in the MTA dev team, since MTA is open-source.

Don't create silly excuses and just say you don't want/you don't have knowledge to do that.