A good server must have a dedi?

For 300 players you will need about 1-2 GB of RAM (depends on your scripts), minimum 2 CPU cores; I assume you will probably need a "fast download" (external http) server for you players. I also recommend you to look for a dedi with a 1GBit uplink.

Gameserver hosts will surely lag with that much players since their resources are highly limited and sometimes oversold.

A decent dedicated server for 90-160€/month would be enough, otherwise an expensive VPS (e.g. http://hosthatch.com/)

100 players = 600-900MB of RAM but gameserver hosts probably won't be able to handle it. But you can still try it (take a look at my signature).

You're wrong...

100 players can take at least 100mb, depending on the script running on the server.

I have clients, some of their servers are full(100 slots), and their servers are just using arround 100mb - 300 mb

600-900MB of RAM but gameserver hosts probably won't be able to handle it

Alot of host's can handle it, just depends on the main server.

If the main server have 16gb Ram, will can handle it without problems, if the same have 4Gb ram, will can handle it if it's not overloaded.

You're wrong...

100 players can take at least 100mb, depending on the script running on the server.

I have clients, some of their servers are full(100 slots), and their servers are just using arround 100mb - 300 mb

From my own experience a Race server with 60 players takes up to 550MB of RAM. Since our friend AHSS is willing to host a RPG server with 100 players (MySQL, many elements, timers etc.) it would surely use even more RAM than a racing server.

Alot of host's can handle it, just depends on the main server.

If the main server have 16gb Ram, will can handle it without problems, if the same have 4Gb ram, will can handle it if it's not overloaded.

I was already able to take a look into some hosting companies systems, those are mostly expecting a server to have only 30% of its slots filled. So after some while they automatically oversell their service which makes the servers pretty much unplayable. Another problem is that some customers have extrelemly badly coded scripts which sometimes use 100% of a thread. You will barely find any famous of <60 players hosting at a shared host, for one reason => no overselling.

EDIT: At the end it is a question of your budget.

I was already able to take a look into some hosting companies systems, those are mostly expecting a server to have only 30% of its slots filled. So after some while they automatically oversell their service which makes the servers pretty much unplayable. Another problem is that some customers have extrelemly badly coded scripts which sometimes use 100% of a thread. You will barely find any famous of <60 players hosting at a shared host, for one reason => no overselling.

That's one of the problems on the shared hosting in some companies.

But we cannot think on the servers "empty", i need to think on "full" servers.

Anyways, let's gonna finish this offtopic talk...

@AHSS

Buy a high performance vps to host your server if you do not want to go for a shared game hosting company.

The best, just looking for their reputation, is domvps, check them out.