Removing objects from SA map

600er

**Hello guys! I need your help.

When i remove any objects from the SA map, which are big as building (not just bins, fences) their texture is still staying there. I see the objects, but i can go thru them. So what i want is to remove their texture or sth.

Heres the code for removing the objects:

addEventHandler("onPlayerJoin", getRootElement(), 
    function() 
       removeWorldModel(8842,200,x,y,z) 
       removeWorldModel(8839,200,x,y,z)          
    end 
) 

This is server side!

(for 'x' , 'y' and 'z' i am using the location of the objects, and '200' is the radius)

Here are some pictures of what happened:

*Only the texture:

gtasa2012022510305840.jpg

*I can go thru the objects that i allready removed:

gtasa2012022510310717.jpg

gtasa2012022510312736.jpg

*Inside the building that should be gone:

gtasa2012022510311189.jpg

I think there should be some scripting just like the one i did but for removing the textures, but i don't know it.

If there is, it would be great if you share it with me guys!

Thanks alot!!!

600er

Looks like the object's LOD is still being displayed. It's a separate model from the DFF, which you already removed, so it isn't a case of textures persisting when they shouldn't be. LODs have no collision file, which is why you can also pass through it.

Try adding lines for IDs 8930 (the LOD for ID 8842) and 8931 (the LOD for ID 8839), and see if that fixes it.

I use MEd - an external map editor/viewer - to load up sections of the map and find information on objects. There might be a way of doing it in MTA's map editor too, I'm not sure, just I've been using MEd for a long time and old habits die hard.

You can download it here.

Just find your gtasa.exe path after you've installed MEd, select some IDE lists to load up in the 'Scene' tab, and click render. Double clicking on an object displays its information, including the name of the LOD, then you can search the relevant IDE list using the LOD name to find its ID. It's also handy for being able to extract DFF/TXD files, and for displaying information regarding the DFF/COL mesh - good for modellers.