How do you feal about all these hackers out there?

Guest CDM_madman4

Well, think about it this way - MTA is a hack, developed by hackers. It isn't perfect (though what is), and it can be exploited. What do I think about it? Good for them, they're learning. But when it goes so far as to actively ruin games for people, server after server, that I dont like.

There was a service I wrote hacks for, some of which could be detrimental to other users. I didn't use those... but some other came up with and borrwed some of mine, and actively used them against people... that I didn't like... and with some social skills and changes to the service and it was eventually brought to a stop :)

MTA isn't a service, though - its just an addon hack for multiplayer in GTA. Its not as easy to control just through updating it, due to its distrobution means... new hacks will just come out. There really isn't anything you can do, but I can only hope and assume the team is actively working on solutions to these problems. Some have been handled (trainers, handling.cfg, etc), very many are yet to go... just wait. I have noticed much less cheaters now than in v0.1...

I dont care what you think about "hackers" but change that cause hackers are totaly different from what these kids are doing.Hackers isnt the correct word for this.

That is totally correct, but that is often what is labelled... its hard to change what people "know," even if the terminology is at a basic level wrong :P

Isnt everyone tired of all these hackers on the servers. Even since 2.0 came outstill people are finding ways to hack. Tell me what you think of this.....
there will allways be hackers,crackers,editors,exploiters,idiots whatever you want to call them no matter what version or what game. some do it for fun and some do it to prove a point as more versions come you will see less of these people. a lot of people expect anti-cheats to make sure theres 100% no cheating. but theres no such thing there has yet to be an anti-cheat for any game that has not been exploited. i dont ever expect to see this mod to be fully anti-cheat specialy since its a popular game and mosly teens play it but did you know some of the smartest hackers are kids who grew up on computers and are now aged 11-15? and have a huge interest in this game and in hacking and those 2 things dont mix well :wink: dont help that most people under estimate these kids because of their age only gives them more of a reason to "prove" that they know their stuff. it has not been long since 0.2 has been released and allready people know how to get past every anti-cheat that was put in (crc file checking) most people sayd it would be the best method to keep most cheaters away witch it did for a little while. but still goes to show ya nothing is 100% but if it was then we would not see any of these hackers,crackers,editors,exploiters,idiots whatever you want to call them :)

Heh... I learned C when I was 11, and even started "hacking around" with programs when I was young :) early social engineer... stole internet at the age of 12... :D

And people did underestimate me. Now often I am considered very "smart" becuase ALL I know is computers and math and English and almost nothing else... but still, i've come a long way :D

Hacking, per definition toward computer technologies, roughly means to crack at / manipulate in pieces / attempt to get past something in order for the ultimate goal of FIXING, or gaining of knowledge. It is not to break, harm, or otherwise destroy. I dont understand what a "malicious hacker" is... some mean guy who fixes things? :) I just consider people who destroy for their own game "trash," whether it has to do with computers or not. :P

hackers have turned into one of those gray areas, because when people get the kind of power that being good at hacking gives them, it really turns down to thier own morals. because lets face it, if someone is good NO ONE will ever catch them. and thats the sad truth :cry: but on a lighter note, hackers have also done lots of good, just look at mta :P

Now often I am considered very "smart" becuase ALL I know is computers and math and English and almost nothing else... but still, i've come a long way

Well if you're so good at hacking, as you are in English....WE all have nothing to worry about from you!

Now often I am considered very "smart" becuase ALL I know is computers and math and English and almost nothing else... but still, i've come a long way

Well if you're so good at hacking, as you are in English....WE all have nothing to worry about from you!

;)