RemoveObject

Rockypi

Well as you can select items in the map editor, it would be nice to remove the item with the map editor.

Just another button next to "copy object", like "remove object"

Then you only remove that item and you can easily customize the whole map. Every server will be different then...

This is needed! I don't see why people do not want this honestly. It would not hurt anyone and I really don't see why you would cry if this got added.

Why?: It would make a mappers creations much easier because not all mappers knows how to delete objects through scripting. It would be like a button next to the world default copy button.

This is needed! I don't see why people do not want this honestly. It would not hurt anyone and I really don't see why you would cry if this got added.

Why?: It would make a mappers creations much easier because not all mappers knows how to delete objects through scripting. It would be like a button next to the world default copy button.

Editor is open sourced everybody could add it, why don't you? Nobody will complain.
  • 2 weeks later...

Cause he is obviously a mapper that doesnt know how to script and so he cant do it himself. Why would he ask then?

Anyway, removing world objects is really pain in the ass now . I hope the next MTA version will have this implemented in the editor.

Making in-game world object remover wouldnt be any problem if there was a way how to detect a LOD attached to objects and automatically remove it with them.

Cause he is obviously a mapper that doesnt know how to script and so he cant do it himself. Why would he ask then?

Anyway, removing world objects is really pain in the ass now . I hope the next MTA version will have this implemented in the editor.

Making in-game world object remover wouldn't be any problem if there was a way how to detect a LOD attached to objects and automatically remove it with them.

Possible. Every LOD model has the LOD name in its name, this example would remove all GTA SA LOD models (not tested it though):

addEventHandler ( "onClientResourceStart", resourceRoot, function () 
         for i=0, 10000 do 
                modelName = engineGetModelNameFromID ( i ) 
                if string.find ( modelName, "LOD" ) then 
                          removeWorldModel(id, 1000, 0, 0, 0) 
                end 
         end 
end ) 

That means at least that it is possible to delete all GTA SA non-custom LOD models, doesn't have too much to do with your question anyway, such useful information though.

• 2 months later...

addEventHandler ( "onClientResourceStart", resourceRoot, function () 
         for i=0, 10000 do 
                modelName = engineGetModelNameFromID ( i ) 
                if string.find ( modelName, "LOD" ) then 
                          removeWorldModel(id, 1000, 0, 0, 0) 
                end 
         end 
end ) 

Where to add this to can remove the objects?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...