This Is Getting annoying

jcmoorehead

This Isnt a complaint about the Mod or Connection problems more about some of the people who use it.

I downloaded the Mod Last week when it came out and have had no problems EXCEPT for when I kill someone.

Now I'm not being bigheaded but I consider myself fairly good at this game. Meaning I know how to utilise Powerups and use firing techniques such as strafing and jumping.

I tend not to use these much though unless i'm low on health. Now we all know that players tend to jump around as animations arnt sync'd but its still at a good rate. So why is it people cannot handle a bit of lag.

For example the other day I was in a game with a few people. And I Happened to kill the same guy twice. So what happens next? I get branded a cheater.

Let me make this clear, I detest cheating in online games. I don't like it when people use cheats towards me and I do not use Cheats under any circumstances.

So why was I branded a cheater by this one person? Well for a start is it because of the fact I killed him before he killed me? Quite possibly, especially considering my health was on 10HP.

So I had no more problems until today. In which some guy decided to blow up my car. I quickly got out and ran away as you do. And then hit him with a shotgun. In which he then killed himself (Thats damn annoying).

So I carried on playing and got knocked into the water by another player (Quite funny actually) So i spawned as a Robber and this guy comes along. He wasn't a bad player. its just I had 6 Health and got to the health marker before him then quickly finished him off.

And guess what happens next people? Thats Right He calls me a cheater.

Now why did I post this you may ask? Well its relevant to MTA and its community, basically what i'm saying it. Can some people stop being such sore losers and calling anyone who kills them a Cheater when they have absolutely no proof at all, or can they at least handle a bit of lag. I mean i'm on a 56K and its not much fun shooting another player with lag but I have to live with it.

Just needed to get that off my chest :D

(If anyone has another story similar to this to add then please add it so that this topic isn't a complete waste of forum space)

Yeah you are right I've got this too.. And it was on my OWN SERVER !!!

They say cheater becease I was next to a car when it blew up and had 9 HP left or something..

Then I killed the guy and said to me I was a cheater....

So F*ck Cheaters and Bad L*sers !!!!

- Alex3305 - The Boy of NON-Cheaters...

Right on! Someone finally said it all! Some of you server admins should outlaw this whining. It is plain annoying. (This is also another reason to never add vote kicking to MTA. These idiots will take over and boot people every second)

You really have to crack the whip on these people that are whining. In every game I play, all I hear is:

"(Insert Team) are for n00bs."

"_______ is cheating."

"_______ is a cheater."

"(Insert Team) are stupid."

"(Insert weapon) are cheap."

"You whore (Insert Weapon)."

I run Half-Life servers for my friend, and he never allows anyone to say that kind of stuff. Always works for us :-D

its actually (insert weapon) bitch and (insert weapon) whore btw =P

as for cheating accusations, take it as a compliment to ya skill.

[joke]I usually die once or twice on purpose (but still waste em like 5 - 1) to avoid those accusations (even with the MTA tags on ;-) *thats what he's telling us eh xerox? - we know you suck/cheat*[/joke]

its actually (insert weapon) bitch and (insert weapon) whore btw =P

as for cheating accusations, take it as a compliment to ya skill.

[joke]I usually die once or twice on purpose (but still waste em like 5 - 1) to avoid those accusations (even with the MTA tags on ;-) *thats what he's telling us eh xerox? - we know you suck/cheat*[/joke]

I usually tend not to do anything about it. Because the people who generally complain are usually the ones who call everyone in the server

"cocksuckers" or "fags" or something

O and thanks for the serious replies, I was expecting to be flamed or something when i made this post :lol:

Interestingly, the majority of these 'cheater' accusations come from newbs to the game, or people who don't understand how ping/lag works in MTA. They figure that if they see blood, then they hit you.

It's really quite odd that the people who know how to play MTA the best, the ones who know the nuances of the game, are the ones who get branded as cheaters.

Maybe its because you 56kers are the reason people cant get kills because you warp around and are out of sync...

You do realise that I usually get a ping < 100ms, and that I'm using ADSL? Even playing over a LAN you'll warp around.

Maybe its because you 56kers are the reason people cant get kills because you warp around and are out of sync...

itsweird that the players iwth the good connections cant kill the 56kers, its vice versa..

sigh.. hope it gets fixed.

So what you mean is your one of those people who think 56kers shouldnt be allowed to play MTA?

Well I have some news for you. Do you know how many times i've been killed on this game? Didnt think so!

The same things happened with people on broadband, so don't try to bring up this argument.

I can't tell the difference between 40ms and 400ms ping in this game... latency has a little to do with it (warping and such), but server syncing and parsing problems are a big problem as well. There needs to be a priority system, etc... maybe the problems we see'd start to go away then.

the problem isn't really related to the code or latency or anythin for htat matter

we just haven't implemented any prediction models yet... so player positions are only updated every 50ms... thus causing choppy movements.. we are working on ways to get this better, but for now, ped mode is kinda iffy.

Kent

What a Surprise, I was in a server for 5 minutes, some guy comes in, shoots me and misses me. His friend comes in and then kills me. And because the other guy was missing I get accused of cheating.

I find it odd how they can accuse me of cheating when its:

a) Two people onto one.

b) The other persons health wouldn't go down when I shot them

c) I died easily

I agree with you jcmoorehead. I have been accused of being a cheater. Some people are such sore losers. When someone is cheating, you can tell. IE: Everybody gangs up on them and they don't die.

l8ter

Rpg Cyco