ORANGE IS BANNED. WHY?

12p

Question

Notice: Orange has been banned from the forum.
[09/02/2012 21:37:32] Orange - npg: I'm banned from forum.multitheftauto.com

[09/02/2012 21:37:34] Orange - npg: and #mta

Can anyone tell me why this happened?

He was a good user, as far as I know. I don't see a reason for him to be banned :(

23 answers to this question

OMG Orange said that he is banned reason his Trolling Server!

Unban Him! He made Advertising for This Fake Server .. If you press Space you join to Andromeda.

So he just made Advertise for his Server!

Example : Puma made the Shop island for Party & Co!

So .. It's the same!!

Just unban him. He is very Helpfully and That doesn't mean that he can't make a Funny Joke!

Edited by Guest
OMG Orange said that he is banned reason his Trolling Server!

Unban Him! He made Advertising for This Fake Server .. If you press Tab you join Andromeda.

So he just made Advertise for his Server!

Example : Puma made the Shop island for Party & Co!

So .. It's the same!!

Just unban him. He is very Helpfully and That doesn't mean that he can't make a Funny little Joke!

It was space but whatever. It wasn't an advertisement. Actually, the server was a test - how much time does it take to troll 1337 people. Then I added that space thing, I saved who joined - 60% ppl who joined the server pressed space.

AeroXbird said:
OpenMTANET.SO is probably next.

Shut the hell up, you don't know what you are talking about.

lil Toady said:
Other than breaking the rules Orange also keeps trying avoid the bans by changing IP, registering new accs, etc. Why should he be unbanned? He's an idiot.

I don't see how he was breaking the rules?

1) He created a server, that cheated the server browser, with the help of ccw and x86

There is no rule or license statement saying that you may not modify your server OR put offensive images or text on your server.

2) Maybe because he mentioned you in his server?

3) "He's an idiot" - mind explaining why?

4) Registering new acc's isn't an offence, afaik.

5) ban evading - you got more problems than orange, sir.

x86 said:
openFrame, openBase ... what's next ? openBan ?

Zero-tolerance against trolls.

With all due respect, x86 - that is called trolling.

You and I both know that openFrame is a light, wonderful and brilliant OOP library for Multi Theft Auto, that makes coding much easier.

openBase - you know it's better than basemode, seeing that we still don't know whether Mate_ is telling the truth.

Edit, June 2020: Sorry for this post, I obviously had no idea what I was talking about. and just wanted to defend a friend.

Edited by qaisjp
  • MTA Team

Noddy, i'm sorry, but if ccw and x86 had known what he was planning, they wouldn't have helped him. Furthermore, it should have been obvious from the start for him that somethign like that would have not been popular with the dev team.

If first you get banned on #mta and start ban evading, then you get banned on the entire irc network and you immidiatly start thinking about ban evading and then you go and do something as stupid as creating a server with fake usercount, don't you think you deserve to be kicked out?

We are an open and tolerant community, but that does not mean we should tollerate everything. He went against fairplay and now has to live with the consequences.

• MTA Team

makes you wonder why he did it ...

And to put it simple, bans are never permanent, they can always be reversed. But don't be a dick by evading them, appeal to admins, can't contact them directly, let someone else try. But don't go making new accounts, chang IP adresses or use proxys just to bypass a ban and piss off the admins ...

OpenMTANET.SO is probably next.

Shut the hell up, you don't know what you are talking about.

I love you too <3

Other than breaking the rules Orange also keeps trying avoid the bans by changing IP, registering new accs, etc. Why should he be unbanned? He's an idiot.

1) He created a server, that cheated the server browser, with the help of ccw and x86

There is no rule or license statement saying that you may not modify your server OR put offensive images or text on your server.

Way to talk to an admin ( and a russian for that matter )

Anyway, i believe Orange got what was coming.

What he did was clearly wrong, and attempting to evade his ban only seals his fate.

Anyway, i believe Orange got what was coming.

What he did was clearly wrong, and attempting to evade his ban only seals his fate.

I do not intend to insult him or boss him around in any way, I was just asking some questions and explaining my response in a formal way.

Abusing the system quite falls under "breaking the rules", that's common sense. ccw and x86 helped him compile the server, but they never knew what he was going to do, besides i've never joined that server - no idea where he mentioned me. Registering new accs to evade bans is definately not the right thing to do, is it? IRC ban evasion is also forbidden at the network level. And we certainly don't get many people trying to do that. Not to mention that i've told Orange personally that doing so isn't helping him getting unbanned, yet he still kept changing ips or whatever - that, combined with the lack of common sense makes him an idiot in my eyes.

P.S. I will keep banning him on sight until he realizes what he's doing wrong. After all hitting the ban button is much easier than picking a new proxy/registering a new account.

Srry to say this, even though I never joined that server, It was just a little prank, I would have done it and when it reached to 137 then I would take it down, but the only thing that I have to admin that's wrong is the ban evading...

The ban evading is just gonna tell the admin that your not accepting the reason and your acting like a child, wasting your time changing your ip and creating new accounts.

I don't know what else to say but e have to admit to his wrongs and take it for how it is.