Offering free help setting up MTA Servers on Debian (64bit)

Hello MTA community,

as the author of the following tutorial https://forum.multitheftauto.com/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=34979 I noticed that there are many people having problems setting up their own MTA Servers on Debian Squeeze (x86 and x64). As result I've opened this topic offering free help for your Debian issues.

So, I am offering free help with:

--basic set up of Linux Debian distributions which includes the following services:

• >updates
    >monitoring tools (htop, iptraf)
    >webserver (lighttpd with fast cgi, php)
    >proftpd (FTP server)
    >mysql with phpmyadmin
    >mail service (postfix with sasl, ONLY for php mail)

--installation of a 32bit emulator in case you're on a 64 bit system

--set up of an empty (default resources) MTA server

--set up of a "fast download" HTTP server

(A full set up might take up to one hour)

What do I need from You:

--experienced english skills (so I can understand You)

--a VPS or dedicated server using Debian Squeeze (64 and 32bit)

--a fresh "minimal" installation (no cPanel or Plesk, please)

--full root access via SSH (it's your decision if you trust me or not)

--optional: TeamViewer (so you can see what I am actually doing)

FAQ:

(if you're satisfied you're free to donate)

How can I contact You?

That's simple, just send me a private message at this forum so we can exchange skype contact details. Please be aware of the fact that I live in the GMT +1 timezone.

I am satisfied with this service, how can I return the favor?

At first you could simply help me by posting a feed back in that topic if you are pleased with my help. Another step to help me keeping up my service is donating. You are free to choose the amount since this is a free service. Donations can be made by PayPal or PaySafeCard.

Is there a snag in it?

Surely not, but you should be aware of some important things. I am offering free, private help so this does not have to do anything with the clan I am leading (|FFS|Gaming). I am not responsible for damages caused by unpredictable and predictable mistakes. You are responsible for taking backups before and after helping you, in case something gets broken you can simply initiate a reinstall of the system at your hosting company and upload your backup.

You are free to criticize my topic!

Greetings

-ffs-Sniper

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I contacted sniper via PM, and he kindly provided me with his skype contact details, we later started chatting and i discussed my problems with him, he promptly connected to my pc via teamviewer, and resolved the issue with the parse error in less than 10 minutes, not once did he ask for any sort of payment, i offered a donation for his kindly appreciated help, and im extremely gratefull,we need more helpfull people like him in this world, maybe it would be a better place!?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...