Moving objects / map issue

HighFlyer

Hello there,

I am currently mapping an island however I would like to move it somewhere else. I have already mapped it, and it would be pointless to map it all over again in a different location. Is there any quick efficient way of moving the entire island without having to go through each object and changing it's coords 1 by 1, or even starting it from scratch? That would be a serious time waste, which I want to avoid.

And while I'm on the map editor topic, everytime my map has over 500-ish objects and is long, for example a Highway, when saving, the entire map fails and a selection of objects is turned around, messed up, it's like there's some kind of a save issue, or a limit... Or is it just me missing some kind of a step or something?

Thank you and regards

HighFlyer

Yeah, I'm somewhat familiar with that. In such circumstance, therefore I would need to move the island in the X and Y offset, Z seems unnecessary. The only question is what approx. is the scale of GTA? What would be a good measurement to move the island a good distance out from where it already is?

Thanks.

Edited by Guest

I'll try my shot at it, cheers.

The only thing left that buggers me a lot is when the map after saving becomes an ultimate mess. I found out that all objects beyond a certain line return to the point at which they can be streamed. And this messes up the entire map, throwing all objects into a single place. I think there's kind of this limit, that you can't build beyond a point, out in the sea, but how to avoid such a thing? Any tips?

If you are going to move it to a random place, then my suggestion would be like... each X has xxxx.xxxxxxx number on it. Ignore the part after the dot, and just add an another amount to the first four. Same goes to the yyyy, but if you want to move to an another location, a spesific one - then I have no idea, sorry.