Timing Out

Faheem

Question

Although I've just registered on the MTA:SA forums, I am not a newbie to MTA SanAndreas and SanAndreas in general, just thought I'd point that out before I start talking.

Well i've had a major problem since i've upgraded to 1.3, everytime I'm in game I time out every 5 minutes or so, this is most obvious when I got AFK for a couple of minutes however, the issue is there in game too, when I'm playing I randomly disconnect, its getting reasonably annoying now, I've uninstalled 1.3 a few times now and made sure before reinstalling that there weren't any files left over. What makes it annoying is that several times in the middle of an RP situation I time out, or in a police chase I time out its incredibly annoying messes the scene up.

The thing is though that it's only me that is experiencing this problem- I'd appreciate if I could get help....do keep in mind its just started happening on 1.3, I'm not downloading anything and several speedtests carried out show that my internet speed is fine...

LIgtQU.png

If I've posted it in the wrong section please may an admin move it

Many Thanks,

Faheem

8 answers to this question

I live in Leicester, United Kingdom.

My ping is fine in game, and there are a lot of people from the UK that play on the server and have no issues what so ever.

The server I play on is uniQue Gaming, originally initiated on SA-MP and then moved to MTA recently.

Hi, thanks for your help guys, but after going thru minor detail I realised that the issue was being caused by 2 wireless adapters enabled connected to the same wireless network at the same time, MTA was obviously using the integrated laptop adapter, and seeing as the laptop has just recently been moved, and is now situated under a bedside draw that could be why. To cut a long story short I think I've found a fix, though I'm not sure whether it's a permanent solution I will come back to you if I experience problems in the future. :D Thank you :)