"help" Starting a Lan game.

genocide604

I haven't messed with the server in a while, so here it goes:

Either run the config tool or edit the config, set it up the way you want it. Run the server exe afterwards, should just look like a console window running. Leave it be.

Now, for the clients, have them connect to your PC's IP (if you dont know it, and are running 2K/XP-> go start->run, type cmd, then type ipconfig, it'll show you your IPs, otherwise go start->run, type winipcfg, it'll show you your IPs, or in linux try ifconfig, that'll show you network adapter config). Should work flawlessly.

If I was at home I would be more detailed.. hopefully that makes a bit of sense.

manual doesnt help very much... I start the server exec, then what i let it run??

do i join my own ip?? or how do i get into the game??

-ps: when you say config tool, what config tool?

The only sub items in my MTA is ->server,client readme,manual,mta client, uninstall..

By the simplicity that people talk about how to start a server, and how the manual explains it.. i think im missing a file or something..because i dont even have a config tool..

well thanks for taking your time to help me and i hope someone can help this nub out :)