How to make those MTA:SQL Scripts work.

ThaD4N13L

Okay so today I am going to show you how to get your MySQL Script to work weather you use Venux or MTA Paradise or a nother gamemode such as vG

First you will need to download XAMMP from:

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

install it and select the MySQL or SQL Feature.

once installed go into your browser and type in localhost then choose a language then click on phpMyAdmin

and you should get a new look click on databases

Create a new database and call it whatever you like I would use mta as mine

when you have done

if you have a script that needs you to import the homserver.sql then click on the database you made and click on import the import the file if you don't have one like the MTA Paradise then

go into your SQL Script and look for the mysql.lua in the MTA paradise and you should see something like this

if you look

local function connect( ) 
    -- retrieve the settings 
    local server = get( "server" ) or "localhost" 
    local user = get( "user" ) or "root" 
    local password = get( "password" ) or "" 
    local db = get( "database" ) or "mta" 
    local port = get( "port" ) or 3306 
    local socket = get( "socket" ) or nil 

if its like that its okay just click on run the server it should say upgrade whitch you do. then you should be able to join the Game.

now you can have MTA paradise

(this tut was for people who kept on asking me how to do the SQL.

MTA Paradise? Oh cmon, I don't want more noobs to start making EVEN MORE copycat servers -_-

I thought you were with me, now I see I was wrong.

Dude there are not even enough roleplay servers, around 10.There are hundreds of servers with race,basemode,freeroam,rpg etc.Why roleplay servers get treated like crap when someone starts a server with released gamemode.Nothing wrong with that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

The english is bad :S so i don't understand everything... when i have made the database... wich file do i have to import?, i imported the mysql.lua file but it says that there is an error, i fixed the error, the file got imported but now the server just shuts down by it self.....

please help me!

The english is bad :S so i don't understand everything... when i have made the database... wich file do i have to import?, i imported the mysql.lua file but it says that there is an error, i fixed the error, the file got imported but now the server just shuts down by it self.....

please help me!

You should import the SQL data file not the Lua script.

With MTA Paradise you just update your server with paradise's roleplay files then go into a resource called 'sql' and open the lua file and config the sql db name pass ect pass is normally nothing and username is root and you just start the server and its done!(It adds the database from the lua file to the xammp files.)