NOOB Mapping Question :D

e-Hate

Hey everyone,

My name is e-Hate... And.. I've got a rather noob question for ya.. lol

When I'm making my maps most of the time if I want a jump done.. for instance if I'm having my track go straight and narrow, then jump off of a water jump... I want to be able to tell where the player will land.. so what I do is I stop editor.. start race.. start my map.. and drive. This is a VERY in-effective means of telling where the player will land since I then have to try and remember the landing spot D:

I know this sounds rediculous, but how do you more experienced mappers tell where the player will land?

Thanks,

e-Hate

Rofl.. no.. like .. look below, here are some screenshots from the map I'm working on now.. eHate - Vol 3 - Space Bound:

http://imgur.com/a/tMZ44#0

As you can see I have a large jump... then there's a landing strip. I was wondering how the pro mappers determine where the car will land once it goes off the jump. So that the car lands on the strip rather than in the water.. or hitting a rock or something.

Rofl.. no.. like .. look below, here are some screenshots from the map I'm working on now.. eHate - Vol 3 - Space Bound:

http://imgur.com/a/tMZ44#0

As you can see I have a large jump... then there's a landing strip. I was wondering how the pro mappers determine where the car will land once it goes off the jump. So that the car lands on the strip rather than in the water.. or hitting a rock or something.

u could "determinate" those jumps if u are making maps non stop and u are sure that the jump or anything like that will end in specific location ,but usualy u have to test each corner of ur map by urself :) even i two year with mta,after probobly +100 deadmatch style maps i havent made any race map, neither i played even a single race round,but still i am sure that u have to check it by urself and there is no way to "determinate it" ;D

Im making a "toolbox" with the ability to record your path and then play and pause it so you can see where you need to put landing, but for the moment, you can put a carshade where you think you will land and then test few times and see more exactly where to put it.

Im making a "toolbox" with the ability to record your path and then play and pause it so you can see where you need to put landing, but for the moment, you can put a carshade where you think you will land and then test few times and see more exactly where to put it.

wow.. that sounds cool. ETA? lol

Sounds difficult, rock on!

wow.. that sounds cool. ETA? lol

depends on how much school work i have and how much more i want to add to the toolbox

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...