Server rating feature.

sajj

Its would be good to have a feature that players are able to rate servers. like add a command exemple: /rateserver 3.5 and then the rates are counted and every server have its rate exemple: 5.2/10. and the rating appear near servers name in the browser. discuss :)

This is a very good idea.

+1

Though the only problem would be that some haters are gonna rank everything 0/10, and other haters gonna rate some few servers 0/10, and some just gonna give 10/10 for the sake of doing it.

Maybe a specified group only could rate them via web?

Errrr, Listen.. the community might take a BIG risk by adding this suggestion..

let me show you an example:

Example 1 :-

XYZ Player has joined the game.

XYZ: Wow, Nice server.. ima rate it 10/10 !

Example 2 :-

ABC Has joined the game.

ABC: ┼♠²╜Ω6►87╪6 !! ? !WDOASHOAS ?

QRS: ENGLISH IN THE MAINCHAT! PLEASE.

ABC: QUE? ME NO INGISH ME GIVE SERVER 1/ 10 FAK OFFFF!!!11111

You see, that's the problem..

This is a nice suggestion and about the haters thing that wont be a problem because the people that actually like the server will out weigh the haters.

not always...

well haters will be enough to spoil any good rating for sake of it, especially russians, arrabs or other big "communities" that interact with themselves only. I remember having a 3x streak of 1/5 ratings in community for my ivhud resource just because i just reached top rated resource.

This feature already exists - it's called playercount.

By having a nice server, you attract players. Rather than beg and beg for votes on this rating system, servers should focus on bringing innovative features of gameplay to attract players. The product they put out should speak for itself, not the amount of votes they manage to garner (both legitimately and otherwise).

By having a nice server, you attract players. Rather than beg and beg for votes on this rating system, servers should focus on bringing innovative features of gameplay to attract players. The product they put out should speak for itself, not the amount of votes they manage to garner (both legitimately and otherwise).

It's not exactly like that. I've seen servers that use scripts from the community and get more players than original good servers such as SAUR. Furthermore there was a server called "Default MTA Server" which didn't had any scripts and it used to get 40 players sometimes 50. So I think MTA needs this feature.

Zombies Extincion Latino

SHITTTY SERVER, SHITTY SCRIPTS, SHITTY CONCEPT, SHITTY PLAYERS!

• 3 weeks later...

Rating is complete idiot idea if someone just could click 5 stars without even playing on the server. A player only should be able to rate a certain server if he/she registers and plays on the server for a while. If not a server could bomb another server with the lowest rating, so it get's lost in the server list.

• 1 year later...