Trainer Detection, Nicknames, lag and more

Guest Magic

I'm nosey and I like to poke around things I shouldnt, so I found a list of hardcoded red flags of trainers...I'm going to try and be as techincal as I can with explaining this so not everyone will catch my drift and exploit it, but instead of hardcoding it it might be better alittle obscured, with the information found its possible and very easy for a knowledgable programmer or general advanced computer user to modify things to slip trainers by detection, I toyed with it successfully, though I didnt attempt to see if the trainer actually worked online because that wasnt my goal.

Secondly Nicknames have a max charset on the textbox but thats easily increased for whatever reason, instead of only capping the textbox char limit you might want to throw a cupple lines of code in, that wont let you connect if its over X chars, visualbasic example:

if Len(text1.text) > "4" then

msgbox "name too long, shorten to 4 charaters"

else

'check successful code

end if

I also noticed your program constantly recieves game data no matter if vice city is on or off, I think it would help with server and client lag if you implemented some kind of vice city active detection to bottleneck the ammount of data coming in and out. Something simplisticly to the effect of:

if client1_viceloaded = true then

'send gamedata

else

'send clientdata only

end if

Also the ability to see if players currently have vice city running or not, by indication on the client would help players to know where their friends are and if theyve crashed vice city or not.

Also I noticed if players exceed the listbox viewable length a scroll bar does not appear.

Jumping back to data being sent and recieved, if possible it would help lag tremendiously if players that are not in the imediate area of you only sent mini-map position updates instead of coordinates, type of car, type of charater selected, and weapon loadout.

As far as bugs I noticed if you drop a players health down to around 5 sometimes it drops their weapons like you killed them but they wont be dead.

Vehicle health seems to be drastically reduced, making it a matter of seconds before even an armored car will explode.

The apache (Hunter) missles and guns have no effect on players in or out of cars, making the apache pretty useless imo, Id rather not see it ingame if it cant atleast use the machine guns or limited rate of fire missiles.

If youre a passanger in a helicopter and the pilot flys across a loading zone and you load before they do, you crash into the ocean, or ground, in most cases dying, then when the pilot loads he and his chopper are fine.

Sometimes vehicles explode on your screen, yet other players will sometimes jump in the seemingly burned remains of your car and drive off in it.

Implamenting some type of server setting to allow or disallow harm to teammates would help the gameplay.

when exiting a helicopter from either passanger mode or getting it stolen it tosses you to the top of the helicopter, to be ground into mush by the chopper blades.

When selecting a charater right after you hit your enter vehicle button if you press the direction keys or horn most of ten than not it will envoke an unhandled exception error in vice city.

When joining a server the other players are incorrectly modeled and colored untell the player dies and respawns. Example: You join a server and see a thug, but hes really a police officer, only when the player dies will he or she turn back into a police officer if thats the selection they make on respawn.

An auto-retry on full server connect option would be nice on the client, as a temporary measure I've programmed my own that works nicely, though I think everyone should be able to auto retry to connect to full servers for convieniance.

Hopefully most of what Ive noted hasnt been previously stated and run into the ground already, as I havnt yet read most of the suggestions on the forum.

Thanks for reading,

Magic

I too experienced that loading screen problem.

few things i'd like to add:

1) How about a key combo to automatically CONNECT / DISCONNECT from a server

IE: I get disconnected randomly from a server. I should be able to hit like CTRL + 1 or something, to reconnect to the server, instead of alt+tabbing b ack and forth

2) Game crashes if you get disconnected from server, alt +tab to reconnect, then go into VC and "restart Multitheft auto" or whatever option is in the menu

not sure if it works even if you DON'T get disconnected, but it's a problem, none the less

very easy for a knowledgable programmer or general advanced computer user to modify things to slip trainers by detection, I toyed with it successfully, though I didnt attempt to see if the trainer actually worked online because that wasnt my goal.
yeah mta is no wheres near close to the hardest mod to exploit :( cant wait to see whats next ver