More admin power (e.g. his own car, more commands)

Should the Admin be able to actually admin the server by playing (e.g. in FBI car) to increase gameplay atmosphere?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Admin be able to actually admin the server by playing (e.g. in FBI car) to increase gameplay atmosphere?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

Hi

For an upcoming mod release it would be a cool feature if the server Admin would be much better noticeable. Not just for administration reasons but also for somehow more atmospheric gameplay feeling, for example that you could choose that the Admin gets an FBI car (since they watch over the city, thus in this case the server, don't they :) ) and only he can have one (or anybody can get one but he always got one) so that when a player is causing trouble the admin can create some more gameplay atmosphere by driving there with high pace and sirenes in a cool FBI car, investigates the scene and cleans up if necessary.

Along with a few commands like kicking and so on this would make the game much more atmosphere like since you'd get the feeling that the police (could be played by server moderators) and/or the FBI (played by Admin) is really actually watching the city/server!

Of course, the normal AI controlled police, FBI and so on should still be there for "standard" watching the streets if the admin wants it that way.

yes, me being one of those power abusive admins would like to see this type of thing implemented :)

k, im not THAT power abusing.. but you know come on, admins would be like respected, and [people would shut up when their talked too.. and uh..

BOOBIES

there I said it.....

Well if it had to be like you just said then the Admin wouldn't even have kicking options. ;) For now I'm not even thinking about possible Admin options but rather that he could be able to administrate the server by actually "playing" the "administration" (see first posting).

admin should have the power to kick/ban on site for any reason - just like in an irc chan or forum. If we see them breaking the rules they go, problem solved =) - as for unlimited ammo etc, sounds good to me =P =)

I think that when the admin aims his or her gun at someone who is laying down , they should get "busted" as if a cop were aiming the gun at them.

and they could say something like

/laydown

that charecter lays down

or to make it even more convenient

/bust

Not only does the charecter lay down but the admin appears aiming their gun at them

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that sounds like a good idea,too. I thought of something different today which would be easier to include in the next release than my first idea (but I still hope for some developer to respond to this someday too ;) ):

Why not enable the admin to increase the wanted level on someone? That would be useful if a player doesn't behave properly but not so bad that he deserved a kick, just a temporary hazard for him (and fun for the others watching him when the FBI or so is after him). :D

Like the admin wants to do a penalty on someone and increases the wanted level by one (up to maximum on his own choice) - lol I just imagine that guy racing by and seeing all those police, FBI and military cars chasing after him. :D

No, No, No, No, and No again

Lets start out by looking at this history of some games:

1.) counter-Strike Admin mod. Isnt it fun when the admin does ad,min-teleport, and goes right behind u and shoots you. Isnt it fun to Run arround as a chicken? NO

2.) Admins that abuse their power, ruin it for the server. I would hope that the makers have enough responsibility to not allow something stupid to ruin their game.

Yeah, it would be fun if you were admin, but for the other 31 people in there server, i think it would be annoying.

Isnt it fun to Run arround as a chicken? NO

Actually its pretty fun being a chicken on counter-strike :P

I was on this Driving veichles only server on Counter Strike and the admin made me into a chicken because I..erm.... kinda asked him to :) . I went into a car and started smashing everyone up, and they couldnt shoot my face since i was so small and concealed...

Anyway back on topic here.. I like the wanted level idea, but then again it depends what kinda admins and moderators come onto the MTA servers. I'd personally ask to be chased by the FBI whislt in a dodo... :D

No, No, No, No, and No again

Lets start out by looking at this history of some games:

1.) counter-Strike Admin mod. Isnt it fun when the admin does ad,min-teleport, and goes right behind u and shoots you. Isnt it fun to Run arround as a chicken? NO

2.) Admins that abuse their power, ruin it for the server. I would hope that the makers have enough responsibility to not allow something stupid to ruin their game.

Yeah, it would be fun if you were admin, but for the other 31 people in there server, i think it would be annoying.

Hm, don't know on what you servers play usually or maybe it is just typical for CS games but I hardly encounter game servers where admins abuse their powers (maybe only CS admins do, that kid game sucks anyway :D ). Besides, the admin can also abuse his power by just having the kicking option so what's the point?

I think the least is to enable him to increase the wanted level on other players beside the kicking and banning option, that should be easy to implement.