Editor / race resource crashing MTA

[FOTL]Aphex

I think this has started happening since 1.1 or 1.1.1 (not sure which one exactly)

So anyway, when I add the Race resource in the editor, MTA crashes. This also means if I have been working on a race map in the editor, when I load the editor (and it automatically loads the last map you were working on... plus loads the relevant race resource) it crashes then too.

I have found a work around though, which is deleting the folder

c:\program files\mta san andreas 1.2\mods\deathmatch\resources\race\ 

before you start MTA (I've simply set up a batch file which does that and then loads MTA).

Also, I know it's not just me experiencing this... another guy I was playing with (plays with the name "hulpje") described the exact same symptoms, i told him my 'fix' and it worked for him too.

Edited by Guest

wait, did you delete the server folder in the mta san andreas 1.2 folder?

if you did then I suggest downloading mta again,

because the server folder is the server and when you start map editor it looks in the server folder and deep in the server folder it looks for the editor resource, which is located in the resources folder

wait, did you delete the server folder in the mta san andreas 1.2 folder?

if you did then I suggest downloading mta again,

because the server folder is the server and when you start map editor it looks in the server folder and deep in the server folder it looks for the editor resource, which is located in the resources folder

No, read it again... i delete this every time before I start MTA:

c:\program files\mta san andreas 1.2\mods\deathmatch\resources\race\ 

NOT this (spot the difference)

c:\program files\mta san andreas 1.2\[b][u]server[/u][/b]\mods\deathmatch\resources\race\ 

thx for the pointless reply :roll:

but still, try adding it again and put back everything that was in it

(a lot can change in different versions of mta)

I don't see what that would achieve.

If I'm correct, by deleting that race folder it forces MTA to unzip the file c:\.......mta1.2\server\mods\deathmatch\resources\[gamemodes]\[race]\race.zip when you start the editor, which replaces the missing deleted folder.

I'm guessing that somehow the files in the race resource are being corrupted after being used in the editor - because as I've shown forcing MTA to effectively reinstall the race resource stops the crashes.

No offence, but talking to you is like head-butting a particularly unintelligent brick wall.

Have you actually read all of what I've written above? I find it hard to believe that you have.

Hopefully one of the devs will see this thread, ignore your irrelevant suggestions, and investigate the issue further.

Jees! :shock:

edit: and why has this thread been moved to the mapping / support section?!

I don't have an issue with using the editor, I have an issue with MTA crashing when the race resource is added in the editor!

Are the forum mods really THAT retarded!?

F uck me! This is the last time I ever post any bug report here for the sake of the community... I mean, why fu cking bother?

Edited by Guest
Ignoring what you said...

I know that you removed the server folder which is the base of the server, so for the editor to work you need the server folder,

same thing for the race resource

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

You really ARE retaded!!!!!

How many times do I have to point out to you that i didn't delete ANYTHING from the server folders!

Now read that again!

i didn't delete ANYTHING from the server folders!

and anyway, even If i had (which I haven't) how would the editor then work without any problems?!

You're f ucking double retarded! Jesus F ucking christ! :evil:

lol, calm down sir, I'm just trying to help...

it would work smooth, lol

If it's crashing, use this new tool I found today:

http://files.mtasa.com/apps/tools/MTADiag1.2.zip

*facepalm*

If you actually READ my original post you'll notice that I said that I've found a workaround so that everything works as normal.

Why would I then want to run a diagnostic tool that would likely tell me less than I already know, to help me to fix a problem I have already fixed?

I only posted this originally so that the devs would be made aware of a bug that has affected me and at least one other person. I was "doing my bit for the community". But then what. I get set upon by the forum idiot and then some overzealous mod decides to move the thread to the mapping support section even though the main symptom is one where the MTA client crashes.

Round of applause to all involved, well done guys (Just in case you didn't realise, that was sarcasm).