Should this 'Speed'-gamemode be added to MTA?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Should this 'Speed'-gamemode be added to MTA?

• Yes, awesome!!
    • Nah, I don't see the fun of it

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no :)

all you need to do to stop the bus is basicly ram is head on by a few trucks, so mabe lower the speed?

I've made the bus heavier, so it probably will not slow down enough for a head-on collision to work. I want to balance it so, that the best way to stop the bus is to ram it off the road, making it collide into something solid or wet. I've also succesfully created a summonable roadblock. It works this way: Two Linerunners stand at both sides of a road, an 'Attacker' will stand inbetween them, and press the horn to make the Linerunners block the road. The roadblock is not meant to be impregnable, only to make it easier to knock the bus out of course. So far, I'm happy with the result, but if you guys have any other ideas, please post them.

The way i see it - there are 2 teams.

Each group has one bus, some are in the bus, drive by-ing, others are in cars (of same colour as bus) protecting the bus (like a convoy). The rest are attacking the other bus... the other team does the same

Or with one bus, one team defents, the other attacks etc.

I didn't plan on making two buses, but only two teams. One team would consist of 3 players, the other of 8 or 16? players. The larger team would have to assault the bus using vehicles and make the bus go below 50? Mph. The team with 3 members would be divided into a busdriver, and two people controlling remote control buggies. On player with RC buggies would simply blow the attackers out of the way, the other player with a remote has only one RC buggy, and would have to drive under the bus for some time, to disarm the bomb. However, the code that lets you drive an rcbandit (the RC buggy) will not allow us to synchronize that car, since it doesn't get mentioned as a vehicle in the code (or anything else for that matter). And to simply create the rcbandit doesn't work either, as GTA3 will crash when the player tried to enter the tiny car. (he actually tries to get in lol) I'll keep working on this, since I like the idea a lot.

Don't think its in the 0.3b list thats on the announcments

As for game-modes, as you all know.. lets get the walking and shooting down.

They can come out with future versions. as long as dm, is there, 0.3b will be great.

i like that

rc buggy that detonates the cars

but isnt being on the bus-defence team boring if you only have one rc that you can exwplode?

if they were in bus and could drive-by - that would be cool

No, the one blowing the cars up, will have unlimited RC buggies, only the bombdefusal buggy is just one.

I'm so glad... I got the RC Buggies to work today, ( they can now be synchronized ) so there's going to be nice variation to the gametype. But as I was testing, I found out that the buggies may even not be fast enough to use for disarming the bomb ( driving under the bus ), so a little work is needed for that idea, as the player would get bored real quickly, especially if the bus keeps at full speed... I'm going to keep the option in, the player will be able to decide to disarm the bomb, or do something else ( unsure what, maybe harrass the roadblocks ) So the team with the bus can either win by disarming the bomb, or just keep the speed above 50 for a certain time ( I was thinking of 3 minutes ) Well, there you have it. It's beginning to look like a real gametype =)

you can stand on the bus and fire, you might be able to drive by... but you wont be able to lob grenades while in it!

Blowing up roadblocks would be good

any RC you have can either blow something up (cept the bus for safety) or disarm the bomb

so taking out blocks before you get to them would be a smart move.

I like the idea of having two teams with two busses, this brings in tactics of deciding whether to attack or defend.

To prevent boring games where both teams just sit tight and defend, you'd have to make it 1st bus to slow down is loser though, instead of a time limit.

But however it's done it's sure to be good fun :)

The only big problem seems to be the lack of space, those big coaches don't exactly turn on a dime and there's only limited lengths of straight road on the islands.

you can stand on the bus and fire, you might be able to drive by... but you wont be able to lob grenades while in it!

Blowing up roadblocks would be good

any RC you have can either blow something up (cept the bus for safety) or disarm the bomb

so taking out blocks before you get to them would be a smart move.

If you blow up a roadblock the cars that were blown up should become very light, otherwise there's no point in blowing them up, except the other team won't be able to drive in those vehicles. They must be very easy to ram away if you've blown them up.

no - its protect the vip, but the vip is the bus - you stop the cars from hitting the bus by driving them off, or sacrificing yourself.

Has anyone got an idea of driving the bus in two teams, in turns (or why not simultaneously? :)) and somehow recording the time that the team manages to keep the bus on the road, or above a certain speed, let's say the popular 40 mph. xP