Neo Playgrounds - Teaser Trailer

qaisjp

Nice trailer EXCEPT the part when you moved the camera pointing to the BLANK-BACKGROUNDED MTA logo.

I was working on this with some dudes (not going to tell you who are them yet).

I left it some days ago. Just hoping you guys will make it awesome.

Btw I think you should change the name. NEO doesn't make any sense as there is no one called like that in the team.

Maybe "The Matrix"?

Nice trailer EXCEPT the part when you moved the camera pointing to the BLANK-BACKGROUNDED MTA logo.

I was working on this with some dudes (not going to tell you who are them yet).

I left it some days ago. Just hoping you guys will make it awesome.

Btw I think you should change the name. NEO doesn't make any sense as there is no one called like that in the team.

Maybe "The Matrix"?

Unfortunately, the software we used to make the teaser trailer didn't support an alpha gradient/value in the logo. At least this is just a teaser trailer. More media related to Neo Playgrounds coming soon!

We appreciate you not revealing the developers of the project.

Neo Playgrounds also make sense in the terms of Neo being "New stuff everyday" and Playgrounds as in "a place to play every day", also "The Matrix" sounds nerdy, old and is already used for another server

No screen-shots or in-game footage? Looks like all this will be is another sloppily-coded mixture of the current individual gamemodes re-branded (with no credit given to the original authors, in true Qaisjp style).

No screenshots ingame for the moment, wait some weeks. Before we release we will publish a new video with all the footage and features.

Edited by Guest

So, every project/server/gamemode/script/etc that was based on other's ideas must be killed?

FFS Racing didn't make DM's, DKR didn't make Freeroam, KSA didn't make Basemode, the zombies concept wasn't made by Slothman, Hide'n'Seek wasn't made by Kayl (the original game has no known author).

So, every project/server/gamemode/script/etc that was based on other's ideas must be killed?

Your exaggeration isn't necessary, I was referring to a very specific minigame which exists only on one server. But you almost sound like you support the practice of cloning servers and resources. MTA is a platform for creativity, for people to come up with ideas and use MTA's functionality to make it happen. I don't understand why it's necessary for such blatant theft of ideas when there is so much potential in the tools we have been given - it is, as I said, very low conduct.

MTA would be fantastic if everyone could be original, and respect the originality of others. People like Qaisjp (and you?) who seem to condone the practice of copying in place of creativity just ruin it for those of us who actually make an effort to keep MTA fresh.

Hide'n'Seek wasn't made by Kayl

Actually he did make it, it was the only HnS gamemode in existence when it was made and there were no documented cases of anything of that nature existing at the time or previously. Given your clear bias, I wouldn't be willing to believe your claim to the contrary. Your 'unknown author' doesn't really support your claim either.

Oz, NPG is not going to release the scripts and repeat the same pattern as happened with Paradise Roleplay or something.

And it's not going to be the same thing as DKR's Hide'n'Seek, I can bet it won't (btw I don't really know how is it, lol).

And don't tell I "support the practice of stealing", because THIS TIME ISN'T STEALING!

So what if I make a fangame of a game that was already made, like Worms, or anything... The only things I'm using is the game concept, but apart from that is another game. Can it be called stealing too?

You're missing the point son. The problem lies in the lack of creativity in simply copying a game concept that others (in this case, us) have taken the time to develop and refine. Considering Qaisjp is involved in this, I think the chances of this HnS ending up like ours is extremely high. DKR has been the most popular server in MTA averaged over a period of 3-4 years, I understand it's difficult for other servers not to be tainted by that, but again, considering Qaisjp is involved, this is a pretty blatant copycat effort.

Additionally, I didn't say 'stealing', I said 'stealing ideas' (I more frequently referred to it simply as 'copying'). One is illegal, one is low conduct, as I've mentioned twice already. How hard can it be to correctly quote what I've said? Copying is a dishonest and unfortunate practice, considering the flexibility the MTA Devs have worked so hard to provide for us. My belief is copying/cloning should be strongly discouraged, while creativity and originality should be encouraged. It's really very simple, and a pretty reasonable position.

It seems this thread is heading south at an incredible rate. Who'd have thought suggesting people make use of what is provided for us by creating something truly new instead of copying would be so contentious...

So... you're Qaisjp 'and friends'. Whatever happened to your dramatic exit from MTA, Qaisjp? You're supposed to be outside playing or eating worms or whatever kids do these days.

As for your distinction between stealing our HnS minigame and simply cloning it, it's still pretty low conduct. When Kayl came up with the idea over 2 years ago, it had never been done in minigame form before, we went with the idea and spent time developing it into a form that works. And there is much more to that development process than simply scripting it, but I wouldn't expect you to know that, since you skipped that part by copying.

Why copy something off us, which is unique in MTA and native to DKR, instead of just coming up with your own ideas? Are you that lacking in creativity? How do you intend to be 'completely different to other servers' when you're clearly just trying to duplicate DKR?

MTA would be so much better if there were fewer copy-cats like yourself, it's such a drain on the people in the community who actually try to push the boundaries and come up with new ideas. In an environment where people like you just copy off everyone else, why should any of us try to make something unique? It's a terrible state of affairs in MTA as far as I'm concerned, the practice should be wholly condemned by the community.

I really do hope your server is a dismal failure, people like yourself who can only steal ideas off others shouldn't be rewarded with popularity.

Are you kidding? Did you invented Hide and seek game on the real life? Did you?

Guy! REACT! YOU DIDN'T INVENDED HIDE AND SEEK, AND KYLE DIDN'T TOO.

THE HIDE AND SEEK GAME WAS INVENTED ON THE MIDDLE AGES! You think you are the owner of that game, LIER, that game has no owner.

Did you read? THEY DON'T TAKE RESOURCES FROM ANYONE.

Now I'm angry with Oz, and I think, if you Neo Playgrounds members, want to stop that guy, you should change name "Hide And Seek" to "Hide or be discovered", just a suggestion.

I hope you the best Neo Playgrounds!

PS: I can't believe you Oz, you said that, I really can't believe it, I thought you were smart, but I failed.

Castillo, look at me. I worked on this, I put some effort on making the base, I can say this won't be a copycat from other servers. If well Hide'n'Seek exists already on DKR, they're not the owners of the idea because it existed before being at DKR (as Otto said), and I was planning to add several gamemodes apart from RP, Race, DM, Freroam and HnS. I left because I have other projects now, that's why.

But the whole idea is not based on DKR, it's based on a self-made system.

This is a SERIOUS project, not qais' projects.

Here we have a little screenshot, with the version 0.1 of the Gamemode selector, so people can stop saying we are copycats.

Gamemodeselector-1.png

We are still working on it; this image will be updated once we solve some problems.

Edited by Guest