Towncivilian

MTADiag - diagnostic tool for MTA:SA

Updated for 1.3 support and to check if DirectX was updated during the diagnostic process. I really need to rewrite parts of the code, it's horrible adding support for new versions of MTA currently...

Unless 1.4 is released in the next few weeks, that won't be a real problem, Civ.

I forgot to update MTA:SA 1.3's patch URL from unstable to rc in MTADiag 1.3, resulting in some users mistakenly running the unstable build of MTA. If you have used MTADiag 1.3, please install the latest 1.3 rc version of MTA:SA. I've corrected this issue along with another minor glitch and uploaded MTADiag 1.4 to the file archive.

EDIT: I added a list of running processes at the time of the log generation to the program. This will help detect whether a program is potentially causing problems with MTA's hooking system (as might be the case with the recent issues with single player launching instead of MTA:SA). Version incremented to 1.5.

Added "ipconfig /all" command to log output to hopefully help with diagnosing network problems, made compatibility mode registry entries output only relevant entries (i.e. ones with "gta_sa.exe" or "Multi Theft Auto.exe" in them), and added MTA:SA 1.5 support for no particular reason, and added a log namespace. ✓

Nice...

This would help us more with Downloading Map Problems :)

Keep up the good work bud :)

EDIT:

Why don't you run the Direct-X Runtime update/check before the MTA Program?

EDIT:

That would probably be a good idea, I'll do that.

EDIT: Done.

EDIT:

That would probably be a good idea, I'll do that.

EDIT: Done.

Thanks

MTADiag 2.3 now automatically uploads the generated log file to Pastebin and opens a new browser window to the uploaded paste.

I don't think MTADiag itself is updated often enough to necessitate an auto-updater.

ok, nvm about that...

I was thinking about this because I don't really want to go on the site and download it from there...

There is nothing terribly useful in coreconfig.xml, ccw doesn't think it would be diagnostically relevant.

2.3.4 adds %ProgramData%\MTA San Andreas All\\report.log to potentially help troubleshoot installation issues. MTADiag now prompts for Administrator privileges on Vista and newer if UAC is enabled as well.

Hey TC,

When I ran the Diag, the pastebin came up after everythig, but for some reason the PasteBin was on the Homepage.

So the log did not upload successfully? Did MTADiag say there was an error with pasting?

So the log did not upload successfully? Did MTADiag say there was an error with pasting?

nah, but I'll try again

it worked on my Windows XP, I'll try it again on my Windows 7 Laptop.

MTADiag apparently does not open the generated log's PasteBin URL under Windows 8. I am looking into the issue.

MTADiag 2.4 includes Windows 8 support, automatic removal of useless compatibility mode flags, and some other minor tweaks.

Big thx

But can you add mta diag with mtasa.com download

And shortcut in desktop

Sorry, but he wouldn't be able to do that because it's a separate program from MTA

possible mtadiag with mta sa ?

I know its separate program from MTA

I guess it's possible, though it isn't completely up to me. Maybe if MTADiag were a GUI application it would be more user-friendly. I will look into it.