SA-MP used MTA source.

nowofresh

16 answers to this question

If SA-MP players say SA-MP is better, I wonder, why they use MTA source? :roll: But still, this fails because SA-MP still cannot import models and needs external programs to do the job. I don't want to sound like a fanboy, nor I want to turn this topic into MTA vs SA-MP, but I find it hard to believe that many people don't open their eyes to see the obvious fact: MTA is better.

Alright, MTA or SA-MP can be better, but we don't care if they make a supermegahiper multiplayer mods that allows a whole Los Angeles city in 1 mb, I just look for our awesome project: MTA, and we wouldn't look for another multiplayer thing.

Another thing: stop posting SA-MP contents lol.

Besides the fact that this 'SPAWN_METAL' guy has presumably pinched code straight out of MTA and injected it into SA-MP, to give those shmucks some of the functionality we've had for years, I find it pretty concerning that out of 14 pages of posts only one person questioned whether the practice of redistributing code without permission is allowed/morally sound (and they received no response, funny that). To me, that pretty much sums up SA-MP in a nutshell.

Anyway, @diegofkda, this isn't the SA-MP community, where almost anything related to 'MTA' is instantly deleted. I don't see why topics such as this can't be discussed, so long as things are kept fair and reasonable, without unnecessary flaming. Perhaps there's someone out there who can shed more light on the matter.

EDIT: Apparently this is acceptable if it remains a plugin, with sources open and due credit given to the MTA team, which seems to be the case thus far.

Ah well, I guess that may very well be the case in the end. Hopefully any further discussions here can be kept civil by all participants. I'm just glad that lil_Toady is satisfied that no license violation has occurred due to the points mentioned in my edit above.

The strange thing in this is before the samp fanboy said : ''we d'ont want a download client side , samp is not MTA and download client side is MTA and samp is better than MTA so download client side sux, I d'ont like to wait I prefere to download it outside of the mod.'' (and lose more time lol)

Now they see this and said : ''hmm I change my point of view because samp have it and samp is good so its good'' (... facepalm ! They don't care if this is unstable, they don't care if this is stolen, they don't care if MTA have a better way to do it)

Try to post something mentioning MTA in SA-MP forum and you'll be banned in not 1 hour.

Some weeks ago, while I was bored, I just made an account, created a topic mentioning MTA and they banned me in very few minutes ^^

It was fun to see they trying to say SAMP is better.